If you haven't done so already, you HAVE to visit www.plimoth.org and take your students on an exciting electronic field trip though Plimoth Plantation.
Lots of fun things to learn about:
- Meet a real descendent of a Wampanoag
- Find out what the pilgrims really ate at the "First Thanksgiving"
- Examine primary source documents
- Learn what is a myth and what is a fact
- Read about the lives of Wampanoags and Colonists
Click here to download the teacher's guide.
And... just for fun... I thought I'd throw in a picture of me in front of the Mayflower II (Replica of the real Mayflower). A year ago I was able to go on a Teacher's of American History Tour. We got to visit Plimoth Plantation and see the Mayflower II.
(I'm the one in the Purple.)