Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Rudolph

I have a new eBFF! 
She has the absolute cutest ideas! 

Today I tried out her cute Rudolph idea. Even though her idea was made for 1st graders, my 5th graders LOVED it! I adapted the job application to make it more appropriate for 5th graders. 

Here are how some of my reindeer turned out:
 I made one too! Hehe!

Some of kids wrote the funniest things on their application. Here are some of my favorites...

Qualifications: What talents and skills do you have that would help you be a good employee?
  • My skills are either playing video games or being lazy.
  • I have a unique scence of fastion.
  • I am good at resisting boredom
  • I found some pixie dust the other day so I can fly really good.
  • I believe in Santa and I have a shiny red nose.
  • I'm kind of a night person.
  • I love carrots and apples.
  • I'm actually kind of immortal.
  • I'm a fast thinker, I could get you out of some situations.
  • I love milk and cookies so I could help santa out.
  • I have very good math skills and can do multiplication, so that might come in handy.
  • I'm good at dodgeball.
Why do you want to work for Santa?
  • I want to know who he is and if he's real.
  • Well... to be honest, I want free toys.
  • I love Santa. Probably my favorite thing about him is he's sososo sneaky.
  • Well I believe in everything - Santa, Heavenly Father, tooth fairy (kind of.)
  • I'd also like to get to play with magic everyday.
  • I don't want Christmas to be cancelled.
  • I'm never ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever busy on Christmas Eve.
Why would you make a good reindeer? 
  • I've watched all the reindeer movies.
  • I hate brussel sprouts.
  • I will not whine, cry, be mean, or eat chocolate bars before or while flying.
  • I do not show off and I'm not bossy.
  • I would help Santa, like if he needed me to move a couch I would move the couch.
  • I'm kind of sneaky and I can keep a secret.
  • I've never been on the bad list or gotten any coal.
  • I think I'd be a good reindeer because I can read signs (that are in English).
Once we made our reindeer and filled out our job applications, I got out my student laptops (yes, I have a half classroom set - I'm an eMINTS teacher...) and my students started making an audition video to send to Santa. I am teaching them how to use iMovie to film and edit a video of themselves. If I have enough time, I might even turn this into a persuasive essay project and have my students write a 5 paragraph essay on why Santa should hire them. 

Thanks for the great idea, First Grade Teaching!!!

5 comments:

Sass Class said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kylie said...

Ok this is just the cutest idea ever, love it!! It would be fantastic if would link this up to our Christmas Fun Party - http://ourworldwideclassroom.blogspot.com/2010/12/christmas-fun-2010-kick-off.html - I'm certain others would just love this idea too.

Ms. Chrissy B said...

Ha! These responses are hilarious. I can't wait to see what my kids say! :)

Ms. McLean said...

Just love this idea, can't wait to use it after Thanksgiving!

Shannon said...

I am so going to do this with my 6th graders!!! Thanks for the revised application! I also have a question-how did you make their pictures?

Shannon
http://6thgradescottforesmanreadingstreetresources.wordpress.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...