I have a new eBFF!
She has the absolute cutest ideas!
Today I tried out her cute Rudolph idea. Even though her idea was made for 1st graders, my 5th graders LOVED it! I adapted the job application to make it more appropriate for 5th graders.
Here are how some of my reindeer turned out:
I made one too! Hehe!
Some of kids wrote the funniest things on their application. Here are some of my favorites...
Qualifications: What talents and skills do you have that would help you be a good employee?
- My skills are either playing video games or being lazy.
- I have a unique scence of fastion.
- I am good at resisting boredom
- I found some pixie dust the other day so I can fly really good.
- I believe in Santa and I have a shiny red nose.
- I'm kind of a night person.
- I love carrots and apples.
- I'm actually kind of immortal.
- I'm a fast thinker, I could get you out of some situations.
- I love milk and cookies so I could help santa out.
- I have very good math skills and can do multiplication, so that might come in handy.
- I'm good at dodgeball.
- I want to know who he is and if he's real.
- Well... to be honest, I want free toys.
- I love Santa. Probably my favorite thing about him is he's sososo sneaky.
- Well I believe in everything - Santa, Heavenly Father, tooth fairy (kind of.)
- I'd also like to get to play with magic everyday.
- I don't want Christmas to be cancelled.
- I'm never ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever busy on Christmas Eve.
- I've watched all the reindeer movies.
- I hate brussel sprouts.
- I will not whine, cry, be mean, or eat chocolate bars before or while flying.
- I do not show off and I'm not bossy.
- I would help Santa, like if he needed me to move a couch I would move the couch.
- I'm kind of sneaky and I can keep a secret.
- I've never been on the bad list or gotten any coal.
- I think I'd be a good reindeer because I can read signs (that are in English).
Once we made our reindeer and filled out our job applications, I got out my student laptops (yes, I have a half classroom set - I'm an eMINTS teacher...) and my students started making an audition video to send to Santa. I am teaching them how to use iMovie to film and edit a video of themselves. If I have enough time, I might even turn this into a persuasive essay project and have my students write a 5 paragraph essay on why Santa should hire them.
Thanks for the great idea, First Grade Teaching!!!