Meet one of the teachers!

 Well hello world! This is 1/2 of What the Teacher Wants!  
I'm Rachelle and I'm a bloggaholic.  
I am obsessed with blogging and blog stalking.  I teach 1st in a suburb of Salt Lake City, Utah.  I love my job more than I love blogging and I love my husband {sometimes} more than I love teaching. I really love refurbishing furniture (my husband calls it "watch out Rachelle wants to paint something").  I enjoy decorating my house and doing crafty things.
My hubby and I met in college (Southern Utah University=very small, but amazing). 
It was your typical love story. Boy chase girl, girl run from boy.



Q: What would you be doing if you weren’t a teacher?                                             
A:  I would for sure be a professional organizer. I still want to be.

Q: What are your hobbies?                                                                                    
A:  Teaching, t.v., learning how to shoot guns (my husband is in law enforcement), "watching" football (when I say watching I mean it's a perfect blogging time), and hanging with the family.                                                                

Q: When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?                     
A:  A singer or a rockstar. My sister crushed my dreams when she said I wouldn't be as good as Whitney Houston or Ozzy Osbourne. I'm obviously still trying to be a rockstar.

   
Q: What are your guilty pleasures?                                                        
 A: ANY reality t.v. (Intervention, Teen Mom, True Life,  Jershey Shore (it's tttttttt-shirt time), and Survivor), Sour Patch Watermelons, and organizing closets {weirdo alert}.

Q: What is your biggest fear?!                                                             
 A: Anyone choking.  I seriously cut my nieces Cherrios into 5 tiny pieces.

Q: When you’re on vacation, where do you like to go?                         
 A: My hubby and I are going to the Eastern Carribean this spring.  My ultimate dream vacation is Italy.  I'm Italian (like 1/100) and I'm proud {insert fist pump}!
I've always wanted to go to Pittsburgh to see the Steelers play one day.  I fell in love with the Steelers when I fell in love with my husband.  I had no choice.


                                                         
Q: What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?                                                   
A:  Do what you say and say what you mean.  This has helped in the success of my marriage! Here is a picture of me and my hubby on my our happiest day!



Q: What do you value most in others?                                                                   
A:  Positive attitudes. No one likes a negative Nancy.

Q: If you could choose one of your personality traits to pass down to your kids, what would it be?                                                                                                        
A: My irresistible sarcasm.  It's hard not to laugh at a ridiculous person. ;)

Q: If you could have lunch with anyone in the world….living or dead…who would it be?                                                                                                     
A:  Probably Oprah- as cliche as that sounds.  When I watch her show I take everything to heart.  If she told me to eat dirt, I would!
Now tell us one random thing about yourself:
I have slight OCD (I think), but I just consider myself a really organized and clean person.  I was IN LOVE with NSYNC in Jr. High and went to their concert and honestly, I shed a tear. I am the VP of Membership for my sorority's Alumnae Chapter in Salt Lake (go Alpha Phi!). Did you know I've only taught for 2 1/2 years? And, I spent one month in Kenya teaching at a school for the deaf!  I don't know much Kenyan sign language, but I did learn a lot while I was there! The children of Kenya are forever in my heart. It was life changing.



 Head over to The First Grade Parade to meet Cara!
Now you can play along on your blog!

21 comments:

Mrs. Harris said...

Haha! I too was an NSYNC fan! The Backstreet Boys and New Kids on the Block are coming to my town this summer and I have tickets. I can't wait to relive all of those girl crazy moments :) Love you blog! :)

www.adventuresofroom129.blogspot.com

Erin Hoke said...

I loved NSYNC too! It. was. bad! I even have albums that they only released in Europe?!?! I am too embarrassed to tell you how many concerts I went to. Let's just say that it was more than enough....

Elisabeth said...

I love your organization tips! I wish I was as organized and I'm really dying for one of those Monday-Friday thingys you got from Lakeshore Learning. I've honestly been trying to think of something else to buy from there to justify me buying the little holder. I love your blog! You have awesome ideas!!!!!!!!!

Janae said...

I seriously LOVE everything about you. :)

AbbyS. said...

Nice to meet you! I teach 3rd and LOVE your blog. I love that you love all those silly shows that I do and am laughing about NSYNC. :)
I am hosting a teacher link up tomorrow on my blog. Stop by and take a peek. :)
I am very much agreeed that NO ONE needs a Negative Nancy. I have no time for that.

Kinderpond said...

Love your blog and very envious about the organization. :)


Jennifer

Mrs. Perry said...

Rachelle...you are just too cute! I love your wedding picture and the rock-star one too. I think you're a {rock-star} teacher!

Hi, I'm Harmony said...

First of all B-E-A-UTIFUL wedding picture! That pic is breathtaking!

I {LOVE} you pic of teaching in Kenya. I, too, have taught overseas and am forever changed by it.

~Mrs. Beck

http://mrsbecksgotclass.blogspot.com/

Allison said...

I {heart} your blog, really! I love all the little tips you give, and am using so much stuff from the 100 day unit you posted. Thanks!

lovetwoteach said...

I think we could be friends too! One of my dreams is to go to Kenya and teach! How cool was that???? I know the Oprah thing. Whatever she says, I do too. Weird.... :) My husband was a Phi Sig. It was the same story. After my incident when we met, he kept bothering me and I was determined to not DATE HIM! ;)

Kristen
first-grade-teachers.blogspot.com

mikey said...

Yay, another football nut, Good luck on Sunday...get out your terrible towel =D

Mrs. Wheeler said...

I am enjoying your Jersey Shore shout-out! I am fist-pumping just thinking about tomorrow's episode!!

Megan
http://mrswheelerfirst.blogspot.com/

Ladybug Teacher said...

Hey Rachelle, you are too sweet--thanks for the nice comment! I just loved reading your Q&A. I can't believe you taught in Kenya, wow. I would love to do something like that. You are such an inspirational teacher!

As for me, I think this newbie to blogging is a bit too shy still for the Q&A--maybe the next round!

Thank you to you and Natalie for sharing your talents, organization, and inspiration every day. It is blogs like yours that have kept me inspired and motivated this loooong winter season ;)

Amanda said...

You are adorable! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love yours. You have great ideas! :) Your wedding photo is stunning!

Amanda
http://www.oneeextradegree.blogspot.com

Miss Chevious said...

I can't remember how I stumbled upon your blog, but am SO glad I did! I can't believe you've only been teaching a couple of years! Your ideas are wonderful! I'm also addicted to Jersey Shore. No rational explanation for it. It's so bad, it's good. :)

Team Carroll said...

Love it girl!! You are too cute!! Yep...I'm thinkin' the same thing. We could SO be for real friends! HA! Let me tell you that I LOVE N'Sync. OMG. Still to this day. I learned all the moves to Dirty Pop and when I used to work at Joe's Crab Shack, I'd perform the whole dance...in it's entirety...BY MYSELF...for the entire restaurant! HA!!! LOVE THEM! ANd I LOVE your blog!!! Thanks for alll the fun ideas and thanks for linking up! Nice to officially "meet" you!! HA!

Cara :)
thefirstgradeparade.blogspot.com

Sarah Paul said...

I can't believe you've only been teaching for a couple of year! I love reading your blog. I just started blogging about a month ago and I'm already totally obsessed. I love that picture of you in Kenya. Thanks for all the great ideas.

~Sarah
http://snippetsbysarah.blogspot.com/

Amy said...

I just found your blog a few weeks ago and it has inspired me to be more creative. I just wanted to say AOE! I am an Alpha Phi from Washington state.

Thanks,
Amy

Rachelle said...

YAY Amy!!!! AOE!!!!! :)

Michele said...

Recently I have become a blogstalker, and your is amazing! Thanks for sharing all of your great ideas! (Free too!) I am downloading your cute valentine math stuff as soon as I get to school in the morning! BTW, where did you do the block at SUU? Could you have been in my classroom?!? :)

Thanks,
Michele Vasi
michele.vasi@ironmail.org

Rachelle said...

@Michele,

Yes! I was in your Kinder class for the block! What a small world! Are you still there?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...