Saturday, September 24, 2011

Hey! You're Great!

I know we all love the book, "Have You Filled a Bucket Today?"!  It's such a great book to encourage our little ones to fill others' buckets and in turn fill their own bucket.  If you want to see more, go {here}.

Well, I've found another amazing book to help 
with your students' self esteem. 

The book is:
Amazon


This book is so cute! It's about a grandma teaching a lesson to her grand daughter.  Back in her day, Grandma felt the pressure to fit in. She bought her clothes from the Hap {like the Gap, but not}, worked out at Silver's Gym {get it? Like Gold's Gym...haha} and tried to be just like Mallory Emma McBane. Until Mallory started acting like Laura LaVan. This is such a fun rhyming book about the importance of being yourself and LOVING YOURSELF! 

Ok, I'm pretty partial to this book since a great friend of mine wrote it . 
It really has a great message and I like it so much
 I made a mini-unit to share with you for FREE! :)


Here are some of the activities to do with your students:



Student mini-book {just staple in the corner}:


They add a piece of tin foil to this page to act like a mirror!



Some writing activities too:






Whole class chart:

Whole class sequencing chart to go with the book:





Head over to Amazon, pick up the book and help your students feel good about themselves!






Clipart &/or fonts copyright and used with permission by DJ Inkers

17 comments:

Gladys said...

What a great post! I'm going to have to look into buying that book...love the theme and message!

Jill said...

Yay, this sounds like an awesome book! And I love your activities too! I think I'll do them this week because I have two days of writing that I didn't plan yet! Thanks! :)

Marvelous Multiagers!

Hadar said...

Where do you find those adorable swirly borders??

Rachelle said...

Frames courtesy of http://www.deliciousscrapshop.com/

Grade ONEderful said...

Thank you. You're very generous!

❀Barbara❀
Grade ONEderful

Kristin said...

Can't wait to read it -- love the character names!!!!
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Maria said...

I have awarded you the "I Heart Your Blog" award! I just love all of your wonderful activities that you post! Your blog inspired me to make my own blog!

Check out my blog and follow me too :)

Maria @ charmedinthirdgrade.blogspot.com

Amber Unger said...

Wow! You must have put so much work into this! It looks great. Thank you for sharing with us for free! :)

Jen R. said...

cute! Love it - goes perfectly with the bucket filler book.

http://theteacherscauldron.blogspot.com/

sarah said...

Thanks so much!!!

Sandra Maddox said...

Thank you! I was thinking along the same lines! See my poster "Be Yourself" literacyminute.blogspot

I will make these soon!

Ms. M said...

Thank you for the activities! These are great. I'll look into using the book.

Lory Robinson said...

LoVe LOvE LovE this!!
Where did you get the fonts?
-Lory
Fun for First

Mrs. Gaither said...

You are awesome and I want to thank you for all the inspiration you provide so I passed the Versatile Blogger Award your way!
Come over and grab the button!
Barb
Meet me at the zoo…
kinderzoo

Ginger Snaps said...

I just adore all of your ideas ladies, so you are receiving the Versatile Blogger award!

Jennifer Knopf said...

Thank you for sharing this book and the activities to go with it! It's great to find another book to use in conjunction with bucket filling, some of my firsties are already struggling with self-esteem (I had one boy announce that he was fat in the middle of class - can you imagine being 6 and already having body image issues!?) I just gave you the "I Heart Your Blog" award, come check it out!

Jennifer @ Herding Kats In Kindergarten

Heather Thomas said...

Thank you for sharing your ideas and talent! I am sure these will be extremely helpful this year.

~Heather

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...