Monday, November 28, 2011

Management Monday: Santa's Surprise

Have you seen Sarah's  {First Grader At Last} idea that I posted about awhile ago called Brownie Points? I LOVE it {and so do my kiddos}! Well, I am taking my Brownie Points down for the month of December because Santa has a little surprise. . .

Santa needs your students' to help him fill up his beard by having really good behavior. If your students have GREAT behavior, they can add one circle on Santa's beard. When we add that circle, we all yell...
Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry Christmas!

I just used velcro on my Santa's beard, but you could use tape! The circles for the beard are included in the download.




When they are all filled up, we get to pick out of the envelope! Ohmyword. They are about THIS excited.They about die of excitement. It's the mystery of what is in the envelope that really gets them. Then, I take all of the circles off and we start again!


In the envelope I write up some fun things my kiddos might like in the month of december...
*Switch seats with their friends
*Slipper day!
*Work on the floor for 30 minutes
*Extra recess
*Popcorn party
*Read-a-thon
*Candy cane licking contest
*Math games
*100's chart {they LOVE this}
*Hot cocoa after lunch







Click {here} to download this behavior 
management tool for December!

It's not too late to save TONS at our TpT stores today!!!!!
Click {here} for more details!!!!

20 comments:

Sarah Paul said...

What a cute idea!

Also...I'm sure you've already received it, but I wanted to give you the Sunshine award. You were the first one that popped in my head. You are always so great about posting, commenting, and replying. Such a great blogger! So if you already received it, don't worry about having to repost everything and doing it all over again! I just had to pass it along to you! :)

Have a good one!

Sarah
~http://snippetsbysarah.blogspot.com/

Primary Junction said...

I love this idea, and I just know kids will love it too! Thanks so much for sharing!

Tara said...

This is a super cute idea and it's nice to change things up:) Thanks for sharing:))) Love your blog!!!

4th Grade Frolics

SC Teacher 28 said...

This is such a cute idea. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Ms. Preppy said...

Love this!! My kiddos will love it--and hopefully it will help with those pre-Christmas break jitters. :)

Caitlin
Ms. Preppy's Adventures in Primary and Polka Dots

Haley :) said...

How cute! My kids were even talking about doing something different to earn rewards today, so this is perfect (and perfect timing!) Thanks :)

Haley
followingoptimism.blogspot.com

Kimberley Moran said...

I love this idea. I think I'm going to put away the marble jar for December and break out Santa. Thanks!!

Kimberly
1st in Maine

Kindergarten Fever said...

I love this idea! Way cute. I am looking for all the management tips and tricks I can get this year!

P.S. Have to let you know, you and Lindsey encouraged me so much at the blogger meet up that I finally opened a Teachers Pay Teachers store last week. Here's to it! Thanks for your encouragement!

jennifer said...

Great idea! Not to be an eejit, but 100s chart? They love the idea of filling one out?

Rachelle said...

@Jennifer- they love filling out a 100's chart! I have them laminated and I let them use a dry-erase marker! They beg me to do it!!!!

Kathleen said...

As usual --- GENIUS!!!

Lauren Thompson said...

Ahhh I LOVE this behavior incentive!!! My kids will flip out! Thankssss!!!

Lauren
The First Grade Diaries

kjohnson4 said...

Super cute and festive! I have been looking for something to "track" good behavior for Christmas prizes for my self contained students. I think I'll print one for each kid and give prizes, do crafts, etc when they fill up their beard! Love it:-D Merry Christmas!

Malarie said...

This is adorable! What a cute idea :)

Kristin said...

Brilliant! LOVE!!! :)
Boo-yah!
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Allison @ Room Mom 101 said...

I am so loving this idea!! I also try to come up with fun and creative management ideas too, especially during the holidays when things always seem a bit off. I haven't blogged about it yet, but for October I have a "pumpkin patch"...I stick about 10 die cut pumpkins on the side of a cupboard door and for goo behavior I have the kids pick a pumpkin from the pumpkin patch. On the back of each pumpkin, it tells the student what they have earned. Easter, I hide their rewards inside of Easter eggs., etc. Works like a charm! I can't wait to try this one out. I may just have to blog about this too if that's alright with you!?!

primary practice said...

Hi Rachelle and Natalie, I'm passing the Sunshine Award on to you (even though you may have gotten it already?} because your blogposts are always so positive and you are so helpful. Thanks for all that you share!

patti

Ms. Gruver said...

I love your idea! I changed it to a Snowman Surprise and used a snowman and "snowballs" to earn the prize!

My kids have been off the walls, so hopefully this helps!!

Jen
www.firstgradersandcupcakes.blogspot.com

Dee Dee said...

Such a cute idea! I am printing this off TODAY to use. My kids need a little extra something to encourage their behavior these next two weeks.

Thanks!
Dee Dee

fallingforfirstgrade@blogspot.com

Christina said...

Very cute. I would love to use it but the link on google docs isn't working. Have you checked it lately? maybe it's just me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...