Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Very Sweet Valentine's Day

I was in need of some fun, but *very* educational games for my kiddos to play on Valentine's Day. I decided to make a packet of math and literacy centers for Valentine's Day. It's just necessary to do things a little bit different on Valentine's Day. :)

These math and literacy centers are "very sweet" and can be used the whole month of February {and beyond}! They will be perfect for Valentine's day, but I've also included non-Valentine's Day words for the games {for my friends who do not celebrate Valentine's Day}. This 58 page packet includes 3 math and 3 literacy centers in both color and black and white.

There are 3 math centers:
Heart Patterns
Sweet Treat {cupcake graphing} with recording sheet
Don't Break My Heart {time to the hour} with recording sheet

There are 3 literacy centers:
Love Letters {long/short i sort} with recording sheet
Punctuation Sort with recording sheet
I Scream For Ice Cream {digraph sort} with recording sheet


click {here} to check it out!
******************************



P.S. Did ya'll see my funny story on our Facebook Page?  If not, here it is:

I was teaching a guided reading group today and we were reading a non-fiction book about gorillas. I decided it was a perfect time for me to expose them to the table of contents and the index. 

 I asked, "Does anyone know what in index is used for?"

One of my students raised his hand SO high and said, "Yes, it's what my mom uses to clean the windows!"

Nope, we were talking about an INDEX, not WINDEX! :)

15 comments:

Primary Junction said...

Ha! I love your Windex story. It totally sounds like something some of my kiddos would say. I love little random moments like that, although sometimes they "scare" me! Last year I was in the middle of a guided reading group and was being evaluated when one of my kiddos just randomly asked about about our schedule (PE, etc.) and apparently just noticed my schedule cards and had it dawn on him for the first time. Talk about feeling like a boring teacher!

Your Valentine's Day packet is too cute! Thank you for including activities for those who don't celebrate the day. It's so convenient to have that instead of trying to come up with an entirely different activity at often the last moment.

Kayla
Primary Junction

Kristen said...

aw, that is so cute! I love the little guys!! Rachelle, your units are so adorable as they are academic!! I wish I taught a younger sometimes so I could grab them all :/
Kristen

A Teacher's Treasure said...

What a cute unit!!! I'm jealous! I wish I taught younger grades so I could use all your cute stuff!
You are so talented!

❤ Mor Zrihen from...
A Teacher's Treasure
Teaching Treasures Shop

Kristin said...

Can't wait to check out your unit! :)
That index thing is too cute!!! I love it!
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Lisa Lizak and Beth Wright said...

HAHA :) Love the story! The unit is fantastic! I can't wait to get another one of your fab units :) My students LOVED the Halloween one...thanks for your amazing ideas :)

Lisa :)
Made In The Shade In Second Grade

Kerri and Lindsay said...

Love it!! Just bought it!!
Thank you!
Kerri B
teacherbitsandbobs.blogspot.com

Randi said...

I now "LIKE" your facebook page :)

This unit looks cute and saves me some time! I am headed to look now.

Thanks!


Randi @ Teach It With Class
My TPT Store
My Facebook Page

Gladys said...

Your Windex story made me laugh...too cute!

Gladys
http://teachinginhighheels.blogspot.com

Mrs. Halbert said...

I just bought your unit and it is too cute!!! Thanks for sharing your talents!

♥Samantha
Learning with a Happy Heart

Jennifer said...

What a cute story! Loved it! Cute unit!
Rowdy in First Grade

Sara S. said...

Such a cute unit! I love it. And your "index" story made me laugh!

Sara :)
Smiling In Second Grade

Kelley Cirrito said...

Love the unit and the story is great!! Kids are so silly!

Elisabeth said...

Your windex story is too funny! Kids say the darnest things! :) Thanks for sharing.. I needed a laugh!!

Elisabeth
www.missdelk.blogspot.com

Simone said...

Thanks for your valentines day stuff! The windex story is too cute! Come visit sometime!

-Simone
busyasahoneybee.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...