Monday, February 20, 2012

Spring is here!

Ok, not really.  But...I consider March 1st the first day of spring.  If you don't, you should start!  It's fun to wear flip-flops when there is still snow on the ground! :)

As our state moves to the new Common Core MATH, I'm trying to get ready! I've realized it's not a whole lot different from what we already do, but there are a few differences. I like what I see! :)  Even if you haven't moved to the new Math Common Core, I promise it'll be worth it.

Here are some math centers for you that will keep your kiddos busy from March all the way to May!



This packet of 13 springtime math centers are perfect for March, April and May. They align with the Common Core Math Standards for 1st grade, but would also be appropriate for kindergarten and 2nd grade. Perfect for math tubs!

All center activities come with a black/white and colored option {they all include one or more recording sheets}.

*Common Core Alignment Sheet
{shows you how they correlate with the CCSS}
*Rain, Rain, Go Away! {Place Value}
*Don't Eat the Jelly Bean! {120's chart}
*Time is Flyin'! {hour and half-hour practice}
*True or False? {Determining equal number sentences}
*Let's go Fly a Kite! {Measuring with non-standard units}
*Order up! {Ordering 2 digit numbers from least to greatest}
*10 More/Less
*Egg Drop {Place Value}
*A Puddle of Fractions 
*Sunny Subtraction
*Cloud Addition
*Turnaround Facts
*Greater Than and Less Than


************************

Did you all hear about the Dr. Seuss copyright debacle?  Shhh.....it's the Seuss police! I must be very, very quiet.  I had to change the name of my Dr. Seuss on the Loose Centers. Apparently "Dr. Seuss" is copyrighted. The name? Really? But maybe it's not. There is LOTS of confusing and I'd rather be SAFE than  SORRY!  So...the new and completely CREATIVE name is...

Drum roll....


Wow...I completely amaze myself. Do you love it?

29 comments:

thepolkadotowl said...

Leave it to legalities to take the fun out of Dr. Seuss :(

LOVE "Centers for March 2nd" :)

thepolkadotowl@gmail.com

~DeAnne~ said...

Centers for March 2nd is GREAT! I love the math packet. We just finished place value! Lots of great things in there!

įƒ¦DeAnne
First Grade and Fabulous

Miss T said...

Love the re-name and boo on Seuss police!


Journey of a Substitute Teacher

Sarah Paul said...

These centers look great! Can't wait to check them out.
Sarah
Sarah's First Grade Snippets

Amanda said...

Girlfriend! You are AMAZING!!!!!

Kristen said...

ha! You cracked me up with your "Centers for March 2nd" name--too funny! I just wanted to stop by say hey and that your latest work looks awesome as always! And you can wear flip flops to school--I'm totally jealous! I'm with you on it being springtime though!!!
Kristen

Jennifer said...

It's funny you said the flip flops in the snow comment.. I live in AZ and I literally just saw two girls in bikini's at the top of a waterslide in a backyard. Kay... it's not snowing.. but it is not warm enough for bikinis!

I am glad you mentioned about Dr. Seuss... I knew something was going on but was not sure! Thanks for sharing!

Empowering Little Learners

Simply Centers

Jennifer said...

PS - I pinned your centers to Simply Centers Pinboard. =) Looks like a great product!

Melanie Conger said...

Looks wonderful! Will fit perfectly with our CC standards for the rest of our year. Love that you included a black and white version too! THANK YOU!!

Melanie
First Grade Brain Sprinkles

Andi said...

The copyright police are just as bad as the curriculum cops!
KillJoys! Your new title is absolutely perfect.
And your spring unit looks great!
~Andi

Chrissy said...

LOVE the new name of your packet! Lol, you'd think the big guys would be thrilled to have SO MUCH ATTENTION paid to their author. Obviously, none of our plans would work without the BOOKS!! (I am totally excited about the entire week...it is one of my favorite times of the year :-)

Wow, I'm using all caps. Can you tell that I had school today?! :-(
ReadWriteSing

laughinbrunette (Jennifer) said...

Love the new name! And your math centers look great!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue Skies

applesandabcs said...

THese look wonderful!!!

Michelle
Apples and ABC's

LYNDSEY said...

Hi! Your math centers look AMAZING! I'm excited to check them out.

Centers for March 2nd is a great name! :)

Lyndsey
A Year of Many Firsts

Busy Bees said...

These look awesome! Can't wait to check out some new spring things. I am ready for spring!
Robynn
BusyBees

Gladys said...

I so want it to be springtime already! Cute unit!

Mrs. K said...

Wow! These look great! Our district hasn't switched over to Common Core yet... but we are in the talks of doing that for next year.

Jodi said...

The crazy Seuss Police! Watch out!

Jodi
fun-in-first.blogspot.com

Kristin said...

Ha!!!! Cracking up over the Seuss Police!! Who knew???? Maybe the curriculum cops over at my school are in cahoots with the Seuss Police.
Your math centers look amazing!!!
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Lisa Howard said...

Love the packet... I posted my spring packet today too.

- Lisa
a teachers bag of tricks

Jennifer said...

Ha!!!! That is too funny!! I am loving your new spring pack!! It looks super cute.

Jennifer
The First Grade Dream

Mrs. Cupcake said...

I can't wait to wear flip-flops!! And boo I need to change my packet for Seuss right now :(
❤Teri

A Cupcake for the Teacher

Jenn Bates said...

WOW, these look terrific!
Jenn
Finally in First

Zeynep Erdal said...

I also pre-school teacher for 5 years. I've been teaching kindergarten at the moment.
really liked your blog. I have mine pre-school with my blog. I'll be very happy if you visit my blog.

http://birdunyazeynep.blogspot.com/

Lisa Lizak and Beth Wright said...

These look amazing! I love the new title of "Centers for March 2nd"...hehe :) Have an awesome rest of your week!

Lisa :)
Made In The Shade In Second Grade

Lisa said...

I just wanted to say thank you! I found you while looking for He that shall not be named, learning activities to celebrate his birthday. You have so many resources and I am so excited!!

Mrs.LaSota's Blog said...

LOL! I LOVE the sarcasm! :)

(I'm not currently being sarcastic myself...)

You don't understand how excited that I was to read SPRING on your pack! It also looks packed full of common core items- so you have been a busy girl! SPRING means that the year is on its downward slide!!!!


I'm heading on over to your store now! For the super creative and catchy packet name! ;)

-Danielle
http://lasotaslittlelearners.blogspot.com

Heather's Heart said...

You are amazing! Do you sleep??!!?? You are Wonder Woman...which is a good thing if I need you to come save me from the Kitty Po Po!

Thank you for being such a blessing to me...and just think of all the brains (and hearts!) that are touched each day because of you! =)

Heather
Heather's Heart

Satya said...

You are so creative and amazing! Thank you for sharing all your useful resources and tips! I'm your newest follower, a student teacher starting my first practicum in a month! It would be great if you could visit my blog and follow me back at: http://crayonsglitterandsmellymarkers.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...