Thursday, March 29, 2012

Organizing Centers

Hey friends!  I'm getting some SPRING FEVER....especially because in 8 days I'll be in California sippin' Diet Coke with some of my blogging friends!  I cannot decide what to wear.  Do I wear heels? Do I wear flats?  I don't want to tower over Kristin {Teeny Tiny Teacher}. Because let's just say, I'm not teeny tiny!  If you have advice on what I should wear, I'd like that. :)


I'm here to show you all how I organize all those bagillion {is that a number?} centers I have.  Last year, I did lots of posts about organization that you can look at {here}.


Each center is put in it's theme-specific clear bin.  Each bin is clearly labeled. It's all about labels, my friend.





If the game is more neutral or I use it only in a math concept, I put it in it's corresponding bin that I have for math.


Then, inside each bin, I have the games separated in ziploc bags.  I love the freezer gallon sized ones.  Thank you Costco for providing me a huge box of them!  Inside of the ziploc is each piece for the game plus one recording sheet as my blackline.  If I'm feeling really awesome, I put that blackline in a page protector. You know, to protect it. :)





And that's all folks! :)  If you'd like my labels, you can download them {here}.  Just do me a favor and click the file on GoogleDocs and click "download". They will download right to your computer.  No need to click "share". :)

I use AVERY 5163 label size and I stick a piece of book tape over it to keep it durable.



Clipart and/or fonts are used with permission from:
DJ Inkers {djinkers.com}
Thistle Girl {thistlegirldesigns.com}
Kevin and Amanda {kevinandamanda.com}


Do you organize your centers this way? Or some other way? I'd love to hear about it!

26 comments:

Miss Wonder said...

Great idea! And according to my students, you can call a number anything you want to!
www.biglearnin.blogspot.com

Kelley Cirrito said...

Great organization! I keep all my centers in bins from the dollar section of Target!

Tabetha Lynn said...

I keep my centers in clear bin too. However, I have been searching the Dollar Store in hopes of finding shorter bins. Shoe boxes just don't fit on my book shelves.

Tabetha Lynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristin said...

You're cracking me up!!! You can wear heels!! I probably won't be, though, just so we're clear! :) I'm not a fashionista - I have no advice for you. Just come as you are - love you ALREADY!!!!! :)
I use clear tubs, too. With labels. Love it. We are smart. :)
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I used to use baskets. I like your idea better.

Jennifer said...

Love your organization!! I have been trying to decide how to organize all my materials. I am going to check out your other organization tips! Thanks!!

Jennifer
The First Grade Dream

FirstGradeBlueSkies (Jennifer) said...

Love the organization!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Lovely Nina said...

Love this! I wish I can find the time to organize all of my centers like you do....maybe SUMMER :)

-Lovely Nina


Lovely Little Learners

Busy Bees said...

I just reorganized after several years and did the same exact thing!! Need to pitch a lot this summer, though!!
Enjoy California, I am jealous!!
Robynn
BusyBees

smorss99 said...

Rachelle,
Someday I will be as organized as you...or I would like to pay someone to make me look as organized as you. Either way.

:)
Shannon
Kindergarten Hoppenings

Jodi said...

Love the clear tubs. I have been putting mine in large envelopes, but I think I will redo them in the clear tubs this summer :)
Enjoy your trip. We leave for Cali on Saturday!!!

Jodi

Kristen said...

I always love seeing your organization Rachelle--it's so lovely and neat.

I wish I could fly west and meet you :( I do hope you have an absolute blast though!!
Kristen :)

Kelly said...

Wowww this is impressive! You are motivating me to get going on some organization projects this summer!

Kelly
Kindergarten Kel

Catherine said...

I can't wait to meet you in person on Saturday! I laughed when I saw your post becaue the subject was just what I was going to ask you about during the get-together. I hope your vacation is great. See you soon!
Catherine (from Vegas)

Miss J said...

These look great! Thanks for sharing!!

Miss J
Smiles, Crayons, and Endless Stories

Traci said...

Love your clear bins. I don't have enough room for those, but I found the coolest file folders... that are closed on 3 sides and accordion-like, so the fit all the pieces and stand on their own. They come in a variety of colors, too, so I can color-code them. They take up very little space, but are roomy enough to hold everything.
❤Traci❤
Dragonflies in First

diditeach said...

I love the labels and will be using those, thanks !!! I organize my centers in a very similar way. Have a fantastic time in So Cal......post lots of pics !!

Runmissnelsonsgotthecamera said...

Just found some great bins at Target and I'm having a Target giveway. Come check out my blog. I'm a newbie.
http://missnelsonsgotthecamera.blogspot.com/

Cori Lyons said...

Thanks for the great ideas for organizing centers.

lyons.cori@gmail.com

Megan Horman said...

I am coming to you from Can Do Kinders. I do follow you and have found lots of great ideas. Thanks.
Megan
mhorman@north-cedar.k12.ia.us

Megan said...

Love the ideas the labels. Thank you!

Kelly B aka Queen Bee! said...

Love your ideas for organizing! I wish you could come to my room and help me! LOL

Lindsey said...

Thanks for the tips!

Anonymous said...

Super idea! Just a thought ~ when I drop my materials in the tub, I laminate a copy of any paper materials to slide in the box. One side is blank and the other side is completed. When I put the materials out for use I add my lamintated sheet to the materials. This way students can self correct and if I need another copy or two I simply pick up the sheet and copy the blank side. :) Virginia

Unknown said...

Hi...
I am new to all of these...centers. I live in Playa del Carmen in Mexico, and it has been really hard for me to get organized and find new material and things for the kids to do. I am SOOOOO THANKFUL for all the ideas I have gotten from all of you.It is not easy to get stuff down here, and when we can get some it is very expensive. So I really appreciate that there are people like all of you that share ideas, and material as well as designs with us. Hope to connect again soon. Liliana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...