Friday, June 22, 2012

Back 2 School Ideas {Part 1}




It's never too early to start getting ready for next year, right?  Even when I'm trying to finish up this year {one.week.left}? CRAZY!



Each year I like to make magnets with my contact information on them for parents to hang up on their fridge. Since my class theme is "cookin' up a great year", I made some cooking themed magnets! But, I decided they were perfect for ANYONE because they go on a fridge and they are cooking themed...get it?  You know? Cooking?  Anyone?  ;)


Each magnet has my:
*Class Website URL
*Email Address
*School Phone Number




I just print them on cardstock, laminate them, and add a magnet to the back {they sell magnet tape at Wal-Mart}.

Clipart from DJ Inkers and used with permission from djinkers.com
Clipart from scrappindoodles.com 



I've given them to you as a picture file. That way, you can insert the picture into a Word document {or Powerpoint} by going to "insert" and then "photo" and then choose the file that you downloaded from me.  Then, insert a text box over the image to customize your own magnets! :)
I put my class website on my magnets, but some of you may not have one. 
I've provided you with 2 options for each grade level.

Download HERE!





I've also added a new packet to TpT!


This ABC book will help your students understand your expectations for a successful school year! With this A-Z Book, your students can learn the expectations of the class and school in a fun way!

Also included in this packet is a writing activity to reinforce the expectations in the book. You can make this writing activity into a class book that you can refer to throughout the year as a great reminder for the students about what you expect. 

*Comes in color and black and white.


Here's an example of one of the pages {there are 26...one for each letter of the alphabet}:


Check it out {here}!





I've started a pinboard to gather lots of ideas for Back 2 School!  Follow me on Pinterest to see what I think is a MUST for back 2 school! :)

33 comments:

Michelle Hudgeons said...

always amazing!!! Love the magnets!
Michelle @ Smitten With First

Jennifer Tilton said...

Totally doing the magnets! Thank you for my next project...the book looks great. I could use that during my testing week with my kinders.
Jennifer
kindertrips

Mrs. Wheeler said...

I like the abc book! Perfect for BTS time! It's on my wishlist...{sigh} with 9,000 other items...

Mrs. Wheeler’s First Grade
Mrs. Wheeler TpT

Reagan Tunstall said...

I put that ABC book in my cart so fast I got click lash!

amy said...

Totally using the magnets! Thank you!
Amy
Where Seconds Count 2nd grade blog

Vera said...

I also do business card magnets for my parents. They love it! Office Depot/Max sells business card sized magnets that are sticky on one side. I print out my cards...then adhere them to the magnets! They are awesome and cost around 4/5 bucks!

Lisa R. said...

Your ABC book looks amazing as usual!! I did the magnets for my parents last year & it was a hit. It was quick access if they ever needed to contact me about anything. I definitely plan on doing it again this year too!
Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Sarah Paul said...

This looks awesome! I love the magnet idea too! Thanks for your wonderful ideas. :)
Sarah
Sarah's First Grade Snippets

applesandabcs said...

I love this magnet idea!!

Michelle

Jill said...

Thank you so much for sharing these! Love them.

Marvelous Multiagers!

Rikki said...

Love it!
The Hive

Freckleteacher said...

The ABC book is genius! It is in my cart and waiting for me to push the paypal button. Thanks for creating this!

Laura said...

Precious, Rachelle! Straight to my Wish List! Thank you!


Laura
Peace, Love, and First Grade

Tara said...

Rachelle,
What a great idea those magnets are:) Your alphabet book is so super cute!!! Love the clipart:)) I host a weekly linky called Made It Monday. I would love it if you would think about linking up:)

4th Grade Frolics

Mrs. Cook said...

I LOVE THE "COOKING" IDEA!

Especially since my last name is COOK! =p

Thanks for sharing!
Kristin Cook's Classroom Blog

Busy Bees said...

Great BTS book! Thanks for sharing!
Robynn
BusyBees

Heather's Heart said...

Once again you amaze me! I love the Abc book!


Heather
Heather's Heart

Kathy said...

This is GREAT! I LOVE the ABC book for students! I do the ABCs for parents but not this. i wish I had a class to do it with. I may just have to have it anyway!

Kathy
First Grade a la Carte

Jennifer said...

What a great freebie! I never thought about sharing contact information this way. Thanks for sharing such a great idea!

Delighted in Second

Susan Moran said...

One more week... you can do it!!! I love the ABC book :)

Susan
T.G.I.F. (Thank God it's First Grade!)

Primary Paradise said...

Rachelle these are awesome. I'm a follower. I would love it if you stop by my little ol blog and leave a comment.
Tammy
primaryparadise.blogspot.com

Mrs. Spring said...

The magnets are darling! Thanks for the idea!

Maria Eshman said...

I used to do the same with my magnets until if found..... MAGNET PAPER you can run right through your printer. Then, all you have to do is cut them out!!! :) I bought mine at Walmart about $5 for three sheets. :) I'm already follwoing your pins, so I'll be adding your Back 2 School board!

Kelly T. said...

I love this so much!! However, I teach special ed with mixed grades. Is there any way you could custom create a file or tell me the font you used so I could create a similar one myself? Thanks so much!!
Kelly

Jen R. @ The Teachers' Cauldron said...

the ABC book is totally in my wishlist to get! :)

Chrissy said...

Oh, WOW! Thank you for sharing the magnet file pages. My kindergarten parents have a hard time remembering that we have a class blog! You've just made my life a bit easier!!
ReadWriteSing

Kris said...

Love the magnets and this packet.
krissye@hotmail.com

Shannon said...

Thanks for sharing! I want to make magnets for my 5th and 6th grade parents next year. :)

Shannon
http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

A Modern Teacher said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing.

April

Mrs. Newman said...

I always get my magnets from VistaPrint.com - they are business card sized and they have many different design options (as well as to upload your own photo or full design).

The best part? I can usually get mine for FREE (with a little bit of shipping). I love them!

I am in no way affiliated with VP.

Traci said...

I've been doing business card magnets for years... love 'em!

I LOVE the abc's of Back to School book. Such a smart and cute idea.
❤Dragonflies in First ❤

Jen Martin said...

I love your Cookin' business cards. I am totally going to bust those out at Meet the Teacher Day! Thank you! I just started following you. Noticed your Pinterest button...might have to follow you on Pinterest too!

Jen
Adventures in Mrs. Martin’s Room

Anonymous said...

ljkaowyzl nuyshebhg glylgbqkl qvrlqxbgg [url=http://www.uggboots-cheapsale.info/]ugg boots for sale[/url] axmtgymnl khkevpiyd hzuagswas jfodpgfif [url=http://www.uggboots-cheapsale.info/]ugg boot[/url] vgibzxixm vouayigir tvqitazfu cwfgsiyxq [url=http://www.uggboots-cheapsale.info/]ugg boots sale[/url] pjios ahdogwtgi nstgqhkgb wzbcvzozm [url=http://www.uggboots-cheapsale.info/sheepskin-cuff-short-ugg-c-11.html]Ugg 1875[/url] blqdanotb ggdebyxeg fcngvqlhi tadhhbehh
Related articles:
http://www.celebrity-fashion.net/158/uncategorized/womens-designs-for-fashion-against-aids-clothing-line/comment-page-1/http:%2f%2fwww.broncos-peyton-manning-jersey.info
http://inetleaders.com/newreply.php?p=198185&noquote=1
http://mpf.lpleagues.com/forums/posting.php?mode=reply&t=399677

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...