Friday, June 29, 2012

THANK YOU!!

We can't believe how grown up our little blog is getting! It is a-m-a-z-i-n-g to see our followers grow each day as well as our Facebook followers, our pins on Pinterest, and those who subscribe to us on email.

THANK YOU!!

Seriously, thanks for reading, thanks for commenting, thanks for following!!


Have you ever heard the story about how What the Teacher Wants was created? Let us share...

It started back in early August of 2010. Rachelle's "family blog" was getting taken over with all of the teaching ideas she wanted to share.  So, she started a teaching blog on a whim.  {Can you believe that at the time there were only a handful of teaching blogs at the time? Now there are thousands!}

Rachelle created What the Teacher Wants and started posting her great ideas. Natalie, who was a friend and sorority sister with Rachelle in college, loved the idea of sharing teaching ideas online and soon became a partner.

It's funny to look back on that time! Can you believe that in November of 2010 our goal was to have 30 followers by the end of the month? We had our first giveaway - A Scentsy warmer sponsored by Tricia. The fact that we now have over 6,000 followers blows our minds. Seriously, we never would have thought that our little teaching blog would grow up to be so big!

There are some definite perks that come along with our after school "job".

The first big perk is that we officially have business cards! The talented Lindsay from Happy Potamus Designs created a beautiful business card design for us.
If you want to start a teaching blog, I would definitely recommend Lindsay to design yours for you! (Funny story: We had no idea how many to order, so we ended up asking for 1,000 cards. Umm.... why in the world would we need o.n.e. t.h.o.u.s.a.n.d. cards??? )
{Here's a sneak peak of our cute cards}

The second big perk is that sometimes companies ask us to do product reviews or want to give us free products. We definitely appreciate ALL these requests, but one recent product sticks out.... we just got SILHOUETTE CAMEOS!! Best present EVER!!
{We can't wait to show you all the fun things we'll be making for our classrooms!!}

Another perk is meeting so many a.m.a.z.i.n.g teachers! Our Utah meet-up was a big success and so much fun. We got to meet The Teacher Wife - we were both a little in shock! We love her blog! Rachelle got to travel to the meet-up in California and met so many fabulous Cali bloggers/teachers. And can you believe that it's only 1 week away from the HUGE/GINORMOUS Vegas meet-up??
We have over 90 rsvps! We can not wait to meet the famous Deanna Jump in person {and so many more fabulous bloggers}! Tons of the big time bloggers are coming - it will be a PaRtY!!

Anyways.... let us say THANK YOU one more time. We couldn't do what we do without all our our fabulous readers! Thanks for your support!

Much Love,
Rachelle and Natalie

27 comments:

Jennifer Tilton said...

I loved hearing the history of your blog. Great story-your business cards are so cute! Thanks for sharing all your ideas!
Jennifer
kindertrips

Primary Possibilities said...

I must check out these Cameos. A lot of people are posting about them. And I never thought of business cards! Those would be so cool to hand out to parents at the beginning of the year. So glad I found your blog (can't believe I haven't found it before with all the blog stalking).

Your newest follower,
Stephany
primarypossibilities.blogspot.vom

applesandabcs said...

I love this and I am so excited to meet you\see you again! Michelle

Fran Kramer said...

I cannot wait to see you again. Once my presentation is over I can relax and just enjoy all the blogging friends I hope to see. You guys are really special and you will continue to rock the world of teaching.
Fran

Allison Mathews said...

Thanks for sharing your story! It is an inspiration to a new blogger! :) I love following your blog, and your products and ideas have definitely made my life easier! Don't ever stop!!
Allison
www.busyteacherlove.blogspot.com

Miss Trayers said...

I think it's amazing how many people take the time to put their ideas out there for everyone to share. I also think it's funny you can name a blogger like the ones you did and we all know who they are-a teaching celebrity! :)

NotJustChild'sPlay

Elizabeth said...

I have really enjoyed following your blog. It is one of the first ones I began following. Thanks for everything!

Elizabeth
The First Grade Jungle Room

Across the Hall said...

It's hard being out here on the East Coast, with all those bloggy meet-ups out west!

We're jealous!

Thank you for paving the way for us newbie bloggers! Yours was one of the very first {might have been the very first} blogs we started checking daily for tips and tricks, and awesome ideas...and you're still the blog we check the most!

Thanks for being a constant source of inspiration.

Teachers Rock!

Halle
Across the Hall in 2nd

Positively Learning said...

No, thank YOU both for all the inspiration, teaching ideas, and laughs! Have fun in Vegas!!

Buggy In Kindergarten said...

That was an amazing story! and OML! A silhouette!!! What a great gift/surprise! I want one of the bad boys so much it literally hurts!

Lisa R. said...

Thanks for sharing your story with us! I absolutely adore your blog & you are an inspiration to bloggers everywhere. :)

Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Psyched to be in 2nd! said...

I awarded you the One Lovely Blog Award! Stop by my blog to accept it!

http://www.psychedtobeinsecond.blogspot.com


Molly

Mrs. Dwyer said...

Thank YOU! Yours was on of the very first blogs that I was introduced to and I've been following ever since!

~Tanya
Mrs. Dwyer’s A+ Firsties

Traci said...

Wow! Over 6,000! How absolutely AWESOME!
I'm sorry I haven't met Natalie yet, but Rachelle, it was wonderful meeting you in person at the Cali meet-up. It's not at all surprising that you have over 6,000 followers - you are fabulous and so generous with your incredible ideas. :D

***totally jealous of your cameo btw!***
❤Dragonflies in First ❤

Deedee Wills said...

Love! I loved your Blog History! I am totally counting down the days. It is like Christmas!

Mrs. Wills Kindergarten

Kathleen said...

Girls - we started blogging at about the same time :) LOVE you so much!! Deedee is right - it IS like Christmas.... soooo excited to see you!!!!

Kathleen
Growing Kinders

Bethany McClure said...

Congrats on all of your success! Your blog is one of my favorites! Wow! A Silhouette Cameo! You will LOVE it! I got mine for Christmas and it's pretty awesome!!!

❀Bethany❀
Learning is a Journey
Polka Dot Parlor

Anna Brantley said...

Love y'all!!! Thank you for always being an inspiration!!! One week from today and we will be hanging out face to face in VEGAS!!! AHHHHHHH:)

Jodi said...

I think we should be saying "Thank you" to you! You are an inspiration!
Wish I was coming to Vegas :(

❀Jodi
Fun In First

Lili Garcia said...

I loved to read the story behind your blog, and that you have done since, congratulations on reaching 6000 followers, you are both amazing and wonderful teachers. Have fun in Las Vegas, I wish I could join you!!!

Just Wild About Teaching said...

omg your blog is inspiring and its so awesome its grown the way it has...i just started and hope it can grow like that one day!! im your newest follower please drop by =) and if you have any tips on how to grow a blog please let me know ill take any advice i can get

Just Wild About Teaching

Fluttering Through First Grade said...

Awesome story and awesome girls! So glad we got to meet you here in Cali Rachelle, and Natalie we hope to meet you face to face soon (No Vegas for us...BOO!). Thanks for being so generous with your ideas and inspiring all of us!

Christy & Tammy

Jessica Wood said...

I wanted to let you know I am awarding you The Versatile Blogger Award! Check out my blog for details!

Jess
Mrs. Wood's Class

More Time 2 Teach said...

Wow over 6,000 followers... CONGRATS!!!! That is incredible! I am your newest follower and must say I am very impressed with your blog. It is beautiful and very informative! I hope to one day reach at least one third of the followers you both have!My short term goal is to reach 50 followers.
I'd love it if you could come by my blog to say hi!
:0) Melissa

Amy said...

I just wanted to say “thank you” for continuing to inspire me not only as a teacher, but also as a blogger. You’ve been nominated for The Versatile Blogger and The One Lovely Blog Award. Head over to my blog to pick them up!

Thanks,
Amy
Turtley Loving Teaching

Michelle W. said...

I left you a blog award on my blog. Check it out at http://mesmrswhitesclass.blogspot.com/

Kristin said...

You're AMAZING!!!!!!!!! This is so inspiring. :)
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...