Monday, January 21, 2013

Why Do We Celebrate Valentine's Day?

I got that question my first year of teaching {Why do we celebrate Valentine's Day, Mrs Smith?}. I said... "uh....uh.... because it's about love". Well, I was close, but notsomuch.  So, my second year of teaching I started to teach my kiddos about the why of things.  Why we have MLK Day, why we celebrate President's Day, and why we celebrate Valentine's Day.  I made a unit back then, but it was.... lacking. So, I spiced it up and I've now posted it on TpT for you!





If you like the format of my Martin Luther King Mini-Unit, you will enjoy this one! This mini-unit is a great way to teach your students why we celebrate Valentine's Day
Included in this packet are:
Tree Map
Was, Had, Wanted Graphic Organizer
Describe St. Valentine
Describe Valentine's Day
The Legend of St. Valentine Class Book
The Legend of St. Valentine Student Mini-Book
Informational Writing
Heart-Shaped Valentine Booklet
Vocabulary cards 
Vocabulary game
ABC Order 
Word Search



Click {here} to check it out!

11 comments:

FirstGradeBlueSkies (Jennifer) said...

Looks awesome...as always!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Johanna Tackitt said...

Love it! You are so talented! Thanks again for your hard work-

☏Johanna
First Grade Fanatic!

Lindsey (The Teacher Wife) said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

Mrs Cupcake said...

Looks like a lot of fun!!
❤Teri
A Cupcake for the Teacher

Traci - Dragonflies in First said...

Ooooohhh this looks awesome!!!

Kristen said...

I love how you think of the most incredible units like this!!

Jen R. @ The Teachers' Cauldron said...

ahh! I love it - I used to teach the exact same thing - the actual HISTORY.... I didn't get to last year since I was on maternity leave, and I was actually thinking about it this year...
p.s... LOVE the Valentine ;-)
Jen
The Teacher’s Cauldron

Ramon Abajo said...

Pinky love. Awesome unit!

Best,
Ramon
Fonts 4 Teachers
Fonts 4 Teachers in TPT


School Sparks Renee said...

Adorable!

Brian Jones said...

This topic is very educational and it took my interest. Hope it will always be alive! And provide productive information to many others
web development

Web design australia

Graphic design

Jennie B said...

looks adorable! thanks for sharing!

http://firstgradegrace.wordpress.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...