Narrative Writing, Charlotte's Web, and Glasses

I'm SO proud of my students' writing! They really are doing so great. I almost get teary eyed thinking about it and then I remember that even though they are ready for 2nd grade (and that makes me sad for them to not be in my class anymore).... summer break is almost here and I'm READY for that! ;) 

Yes it's the end of the year and YES we are still writing, learning, and meeting standards in the CCSS!



We read this book (because we already read Miss Nelson is Missing):







I mean... how FUNNY is this?!?!??!

Download the writing paper and pre-write page {here} and {here}




We are just about finished reading Charlotte's Web for our read-a-loud and my kiddos are OBSESSED!  They love it so much, that 3 of them checked it out of the library so they could re-read it. :) So cute!  As we've been reading, we've been talking a lot about the different characters. I have been using Abby's Charlotte's Web unit a lot, too (that's where the picture cards came from)!



Then, I had my students decide out of Charlotte or Wilber, who was their favorite character. This was a *TOUGH* decision for many students! They wrote about that character and why they were their favorite (opinion and informative). Then, they made a simple paper-plate craft.


Click {here} to download the writing paper




And I shared this on our Instagram (@whattheteacherwants) for today's #teachertalktuesday and I was worried! But... people liked my glasses! I was worried that they made me look too old. My hubby says I look "sexy". Um.. that's sweet and no you can't get out of doing the dishes just for saying that. ;)


17 comments:

Ordinary Everyday said...

Love ALL of this! Thank you so much for sharing your ideas. My class is reading Charlotte's Web right now...we won't get finished before school ends, unfortunately, but we are still going to watch the movie on the last day. :) They LOVE it too!

Joell W. said...

I love the glasses! I also love the writing prompt "If I were a teacher..."

I absolutely adore this time of year, it's the pay off for first grade. It always amazes me how much my kids grow in the year. Yeah, I taught them, but it somehow still feels magical!

Joell
Totally Terrific Teaching

vicky1970 said...

Adorable Rachelle ~ love them on you!
xoxo
Vicky

Krystal said...

Super cute glasses! Love them!! Did you know the Utah children's theater is doing charlotte's web right now?! My friend plays Wilbur in it, so I went and saw it last weekend. It was super cute!!

Love the writing prompt... Might have to try it with my class before school ends!

Ms. Lium said...

I think the glasses look good...very intellectual!
-Jen

Stop by sometime!
Teaching in the Tongass

Admin said...

That's so cute, Kids I'm kinda smiling reading there letter if i were a teacher. so real. You should also let them play Starfall Edu Games a great educational games for kids.

Love to Learn said...

Thanks for sharing the writing you've been doing, I'm always looking for fun, new writing ideas!

Love to Learn

amykuti said...

Hi! I was going to say that maybe you had hit the 40 mark and needed the glasses, lol, but you look like you are 20 so that can't be the problem!!! (I started wearing them at 45, 10 years ago!!) Anyway, you look adorable in them! Not old at all! How could u? and Iagree with your husband and the dishes!!! lol! Although, his comment was so nice anyway!! Thanks for the freebie!!! Amy :)

Teacher and Life Long Learner said...

We are in the final chapters of Charolette's Web. She has just laid her egg sack and is getting very tired! My students are on the edge as they anticipate what is going to happen next. THANKS FOR SHARING your materials. Smiles and stop by anytime.

Jodi said...

I seriously LOVE your glasses! You look great!

❀Jodi
Fun In First

Doodle Bugs said...

you are rocking those glasses! so cute! And how in the world did I not know that Abby has a Charlotte's Web unit!! WHAT?!?!?

Cathy said...

Your new glasses look great. You are beautiful! I love your writing prompt. That story is precious! :)

Fluttering Through First Grade said...

Hubba, hubba on the specs. They look fabulous. What a beautiful picture of you! Welcome to the club!

~Christy & Tammy
Fluttering Through First Grade

Susie Q said...

LOVE the glasses!

susieqsclass@gmail.com

onlinephduk said...

The glasses are great and they fit perfectly on you! I would agree to your husband. You look sexy on it! I really enjoyed your latest blog post coz’ your students were very attentive and have enjoyed your latest activity. It was a bit funny how one of your students would act if he or she will the teacher. Funny kids!

Please visit My Webblog

Deanna Jump said...

I LOVE your glasses! You are BEAUTIOUS! Inside and out!

Edmond Hill said...

Surely there is lot needed to be done and to talk about regarding the favor of the students that under what circumstances they would be feeling more better. project writing service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...