I love being a teacher! Even though some days are hard and I come home tired and exhausted at the end of the week, there are lots of reasons why I love what I do!
Feeling appreciated by my students and their parents is definitely one of the most rewarding parts of the job. We asked our Facebook followers to help us make a list of some of the small and easy ways that their students and parents have helped feel loved and appreciated.
Here is our list of ways to say thank you to a teacher
- Give a sincere thank you in person to let them know how much you appreciate them
- Slip a thank you card on their desk
- Write a special note in your child's homework folder
- Send a kind email to thank them for something specific they did for your child
- Have your child write a note or draw a picture
- Stop in real quick before or after school just to say thank you
- Tell the principal and other administrators how much you appreciate your child's teacher
- Send in supplies for the classroom (soft tissues, sanitation wipes, etc)
- Volunteer in the classroom
- Chaperone a field trip
- Volunteer to help with something at home (cutting out lamination, organizing files, etc.)
- Offer to come in and help make copies or work on a special project
- Give them a gift card for Christmas or during Teacher Appreciation Week
- Donate an iTunes gift card so the class can download new apps
- Buy a book to donate to their class library
- Bring in a homemade treat
- Deliver a cookie, doughnut, or cupcake from a local bakery
- Find out what their favorite snack/treat it and bring it to your parent teacher conference
- Recognize them on their birthday
- Surprise them with some take out for lunch
- Make a bouquet of pencils or highlighters or other school supply
- Compliment them on Facebook
- Bring in their favorite drink
- Give flowers on the first day of school - or the last - or any day in between
- After parent teacher conferences or another stressful time of the year, bring them something to help them relax - a gift certificate for a pedicure, bottle of bubble bath, etc.
Of course there are lots of ways to show teachers how thankful you are for them, but this list is sure to give you some good ideas.
Chevrolet would also like to say thank you to teachers!
Chevrolet is offering teachers a special educators discount on a brand new car!
If you're a teacher looking to buy a new vehicle, Chevrolet would like to say thank you by helping you save thousands of dollars!
Help us add more ideas to our list!
Comment and share ways that you
have been thanked by a
student or parent.
Disclosure: We have been compensated by Chevrolet for advertising their Educators Discount Program.