Back-to-School Bulletin Board, Management, and Donation Door

I have a few random pictures of what I've been doing in my classroom to get ready! I love the energy of my school during back-to-school time! Everyone's excited, but slightly bummed that summer is over.  That feeling goes away once we all start working in our classrooms and prepping for our new students (ok, well that bummed feeling *mostly* goes away).

I LOVE to think of fun ways to welcome my students to my classroom with my back-to-school bulletin board. Check out *some* past bulletin boards HERE.
 This year, I took some inspiration from my husband who LOVES Minions (he's a little kid at heart). We watch Despicable me with our niece and nephews and my husband laughs louder than they do. ;) Sure do love that man!  Anyway, I found a piñata at Walmart that just CALLED MY NAME and then I found these cute Minions on TpT. Off I went to decorate!

 I cut the headers for this board on my Silhouette Cameo (best crafting tool, ever!).
The names on the Minions are just Avery mailing labels. Easy-peasy.


Each year I do a Donation Door for our Back-to-School Night. Parents can come by and grab a sticky note off of our door that says the name of a school supply. They can send in the donated school supplies with their child to school the next day! It's an awesome way to get a variety of supplies for your classroom and not just getting 3,934 boxes of tissues. ;) {You can check out another donation door I've done, here}

I did print on SUPER sticky notes (found at Target) and I used a tutorial from this cute blog.
Arrows are vinyl and made with my Silhouette Cameo with KG Arrows font.


A few years ago I found this CUUUUUTE behavior mangament idea from Growing Kinders.  I've always done Brownie Points as a whole-class incentive, but this year I'm doing Mr. Potato Head.  I'll pull off all of his parts (hehe) and if the students are working quietly, I will add one part at a time until he is all put together.  Once he's all back together, there will be a MYSTERY prize that the whole class will win (lunch with teacher, extra recess, or maybe popcorn party).

With pretty much everything, I got mine on Amazon. Praise all that is holy for Amazon Prime. ;)


Mrs. Griffith said...

Shut the front door...our team is doing a Minion theme too! Great minds think alike friend!

Sara at School said...

Never thought of using a piñata for a bulletin board. It looks great! Sara

Edupreneur Today said...

Looking good. Loving the Minion theme. :)

pdxjenno said...

I've been using Mr. Potato Head as a management tool for a few years now, and it is SO much fun! In our class, he gets a body part when the whole class receives a compliment from an adult, other than myself. We do a class game, popcorn party, or sometimes the kids just get a little note and candy from Mr. Potato Head when he is all put together! His first body part to go on is usually his eyes, then ears, so he can see and hear everything that is going on in our classroom! Then he needs his hands, because sometimes Mr. Potato Head high-fives or fist-bumps the kids (with a little help from me!) at the end of the day, too. :) I teach 5th grade, and it's still so much fun! Here's a link to a cute FREE sign I printed to go with mine:

Happy Back to School!

custom essay writing service said...

There are more of the attractive piece elements which must be understood by the students and they further needed to occupy every detail in advance, furthermore these are the majors considered very much important.

Edmond Hill said...

This is been pretty good for the professionals that they have almost brought around the effective prospects to which they mostly used to look for. how to write a thesis statement for a research paper

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...