The Real Reason Behind the Utah Teacher Shortage Problem

A quick introduction if you're new to our blog: Rachelle and I {Natalie} are both teachers in Utah. We love teaching and we enjoy sharing our ideas with teachers from all over the world! Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you enjoy this heart-felt post about teachers in Utah. We'd love to connect with you on Facebook and Instagram.

Recently Utah teachers have been in the news because of a few different news articles published about how teacher retention in Utah is becoming a large problem. The Salt Lake Tribune is reporting that 2 out of every 5 public school teachers are leaving the profession within 5 years. I've seen lots of comments about this and a lot of people sharing their opinions as to why this is happening. Today I'd like to share my opinions and observations. 

I didn't go into teaching expecting to get rich. I knew the payscale I was choosing before graduating from college. This is not a complaining post. But I want to be real and honest. I believe that there are 3 main reasons why teachers leave the profession within 5 years. 
   1.) Teachers are not paid enough to support their families on a single income. 
   2.) The high majority of Utah teachers are straight out of college. Within 5 years a large portion of these teachers get married, have children, and choose to stay home with their babies.
   3. Teaching is HARD! And I'm not talking about the actual teaching. It's all the "other stuff" and additional responsibilities teachers face in addition to regular classroom duties. 

I'm going to talk about the first two reasons today. The real problem is that Utah teachers are not paid enough. In Utah, male teachers aren't paid enough to support their families, and female teachers can't afford child care to be able to keep teaching. 

I'd like to tell you about one of my very good friends. He is a male teacher in Utah who has taught elementary school for 5 years. This guy was born to be a teacher. He's charismatic, multi-talented, and his students LOVE him! His wife is currently pregnant with their 4th child. They are in debt (student loans to become a teacher... go figure!), can't afford a house payment, and currently live with their parents. He tutors on the side, directs after school plays, and takes odd jobs (including Christmas tree decorating and carpet salesman) during weekends and holidays. His sweet wife is a part-time preschool teacher who tries to contribute to the family income. He is an amazing educator, but unfortunately he is currently seeking new jobs outside the field of education so he can better provide for his family. 

Last week I got to attend the Miss Utah Pageant. After the top 7 finalists were announced, they began the on-stage interview portion of competition. JessiKate Riley, one of the contestants, was asked about the teacher shortage problem in Utah. She gave a great answer about how her own mother has been her high school music teacher and that her mom has had a hard time juggling the role of being a teacher and a mom. She said, "I wish schools would make it easier for her to be able to better support her own children, as well as all the children she teaches." I believe this to be true for all teacher-moms. 

What's my story? For the past 10 years I have taught in the Utah public schools system. I started as a newlywed straight out of college with the goal to teach about 3 years before starting my own family. Baby #1 came and I couldn't afford to quit teaching. We depended on my income, so I kept teaching. Baby #2 came and I soon realized that raising two small kids and teaching full-time wasn't going to work for me. I decided to continue teaching in a part-time teaching position as a way to stay home with my children more, but also stay in a profession that I love. It cut my paycheck in half, but it has been a wonderful way for me to juggle my two important roles of mother and teacher. However, it has been very difficult at times to teach with 3 small children at home. The cost of child care is expensive and takes a large chunk of my paycheck. This past year I had a lot of problems where my kids would wake up sick, but it was too hard to call in a sub and write sub plans. It is very difficult for teachers to balance their own kids, on top of all their school responsibilities. 

In addition to teaching, I write for this blog, own my own business selling lessons plans and activities online, I'm a Doterra consultant, and I have a little photography business on the side. I do all of this as a way to earn enough money to supplement my part-time teaching salary. I know I am not alone. Many teachers all over the country are finding ways to boost their income as a way to help make ends meet. Let's just take a minute to recognize all the teachers who work second (and sometimes third) jobs to earn extra money. Seriously, teachers are amazing! However, I have to ask the question: What if teachers didn't have to take on extra jobs outside of teaching? Think about that for a second. 

As I mentioned earlier, this is not a complaining post. It is simply to state some of the major problems that real teachers are facing, not only here in Utah, but all across America. These 3 examples show how difficult it is to juggle home and family life as well as how financial burdens play a role in why teachers leave the classroom.

Because I'd never like to point out problems, without offering solutions, here are a few things I think would be able to help with teacher retention:

1. Raise the teacher salary in Utah to at least the median national teacher income level. 

2. Pay off student loans after an x amount of years teachers stay in the profession. Also, offer scholarships or tuition reimbursement to teachers seeking master degrees and higher levels of education.

3. Offer affordable child care services to teachers with small children. 

4. Hire more aides for the classroom teachers so that teachers can spend more time teaching children and less time making copies, doing paperwork, and other tasks that take up large amounts of after school time. 

Thanks for sticking around and reading my thoughts on some of the problems facing education. Teacher retention really is a problem in Utah and I would like to do my part to help fix these problems. Being a teacher is something I am very proud of and love very much. My hope is that we can find a way to ease the burden teachers are facing so that we can better improve the education of students across the country.

Are you a teacher?
We would love to hear your story! 
Please take a minute to type your story 
in the comments and tell us 
the struggles you face as a 
classroom teacher.


Cheryl Lockhart said...

I'm an instructional coach in my 3-5 school where I have taught for 17 years in Alabama. Our state just gave us a 4% raise, but then came back and raised our insurance, so...a wash! However, my local school system gave us 3% more and so I am very appreciative. That being said, you are 100% correct about the pay not being enough for a single person to live on especially if they have school loans. I love your "fix" it ideas, too! Student loans can hang on for nearly your whole career if you had to borrow most of the cost. Teachers are expected to do so much more in terms of added responsibilities above planning and teaching lessons daily. Those who love the job initially become burned out due to the huge burden that seems insurmountable at times. Our system has begun a teacher induction plan for next year and I'm so excited because it will help to support new teachers in the profession. Thank you for sharing your post!

Tiffany Ford said...

I moved to Utah from Pennsylvania in 2005 to attend the University of Utah. I loved everything about living in Utah - the seasons, outdoor activities, concerts, things to do, etc. But this last year I made the decision to leave Utah and move back east this summer. I felt the support for teachers in Utah wasn't great. Class sizes are too high. Pay for teachers and funding for schools are both lacking. I tried public and charter while in Utah and both were not worth the effort. The time and energy I put into my career was overwhelming and exhausting. I even had an admin tell me at one point that I should "just be like 'normal' teachers and not put in extra time on 'unnecessary things' like fun lessons for students". Talk about a defeating conversation to have. I know that what I do in the classroom has a greater impact on my students than just being another "fun" lesson for them to be engaged in. I love what I do and I was by no means complaining about the fact that I spend most of my time outside of work planning and creating for my students. But for an admin to acknowledge my hard work in a negative light really put a damper on things. At the end of May I moved to North Carolina and I'm hoping that my new school will help reignite what was lost at my last school. I begin teaching at a year round school on July 1 in 5th grade and am very excited for the new change in my life. Here's hoping! :)

Exploring Elementary said...

I teach in the great State of Kansas! Unfortunately we are just 9 days away from our schools being CLOSED! The state faces a June 30 deadline from the Kansas Supreme Court to fix inequities in school funding. If lawmakers fail to pass a fix by then, the court could block $4 billion in education funding, forcing schools to close. I LOVE teaching. I love my students. It is summer break, but I am at a local coffee shop waiting for my students to show up so that we can work on math! BUT I am a bit scared and nervous about the next several days. Imagine...schools closing down...even for a little while. It doesn't affect kids right now, but it does in the long run. My dad is a janitor at the local middle school and he will loose his job if a solution does not happen by July 1. I was just at EdCampKS last week...where over 500 educators from the across the state came together to passionately discuss all kinds of topics in education. KS has amazing teachers, but they are tired of legislators telling them they are worthless. That other people could do better. The morale is low, but you know what we are still going to do our very best to keep at it! Gotta go my kids are here! Blessings, Carmen

Anonymous said...

My life plans and goals were to be a teacher, have children, stay home a few years and then go back. Well, life happens and I found myself with an infant and a toddler and a divorce. I was now totally in charge of 2 children's day care, a full time teaching job and a mortgage. My daycare bill a month was more than my house payment. I had to sell my house and move to a tiny house and still barely made ends meet. Years passed and now both children are on the verge of going to college. I don't make much more than I did when they were babies. I went back to school and got a masters in administration and left the classroom. I increased my salary by $15,000. Good teachers will leave the classroom eventually. I encourage all kids graduating to not go into education due to the horrible living situations you will be in. Times have changed and it isn't the married mothers that become teachers. More and more people will be single with one income. Teaching is not a sustainable profession. It will take states years to see this but hopefully the tides are changing. There is no reason why the stating pay could be $50K for a first year teacher instead of $32K in Oklahoma.

Anjanette said...

I also teach in Utah and just attended a debate with our state school board members. I was very disappointed in our current representative and found his attitude to be very condescending to teachers and the job we do. We need to do a better job of electing pro-education candidates, using educational experts to set curriculum and make education decisions instead of legislators and encouraging our communities to become more involved. It has become way to easy to blame everything on the teachers!

Cindy Anderson said...

Here's my teaching story: I taught for 7 years in the public school system in Utah. I loved my job. I loved my students. I loved my colleagues and friends I made along the way. And yet...

After 1 year: I calculated my hourly pay and realized I got paid less than minimum wage once over- time hours were factored in. Discouraging!

After 2 years: I talked to an academic advisor to see what it would take for a career change, but remembered what one of my college professors told us: "Stick with it for at least 3 years. The first years are the hardest."

After 4 years: I switched schools/districts and experienced higher morale among colleagues, staff, and self. (This is where I met the lovely Natalie Crockett!)

After 7 years: I had my first baby and decided to hang up my white board marker! For good? I'm not sure. I'm still keeping my teaching license current because I love the safety net it provides if I ever need to jump back into a job. Plus, I loved teaching, and it's one of the few things I'm really good at! But... it's stressful, it's time consuming, it's low pay, and it's HARD!

Anonymous said...

It's not unique to Utah. I live in CA and we have a serious teacher shortage. Here it's even more difficult to make ends meet due to the high cost of living. It's sad that we don't put value on education of future generations. After all, these children will one day be our doctors, lawyers, pastors, advocates, etc. Until our society decides that educating our future is important, sadly nothing will change.

Karen F. said...

I am a Single Mom who teaches in NC... we have the.exact.same.issues you have!! I so struggle!! and because I cannot afford childcare its my only source of income and I do what I can but we do without.. a lot... family vacations do not exist, I drive a 14 year old vehicle, have lots of debt and although I make sure my son has what he needs, I do without most times. I love my job and spend way to much of my own $$ on my classroom but if I dont then they are without, this is a major struggle!!!! Honestly, after 5 years , this will be my 6th year of teaching I am not so sure what the future holds. No, I did not get into this profession for the money but really is asking just to live comfortably to much to ask for?? apparently so

Jenniffer Rees said...

I agree with almost everything you've said here...except one statement.

"In Utah, male teachers aren't paid enough to support their families, and female teachers can't afford child care to be able to keep teaching."

What the heck is this about? Because makes don't need childcare and females don't support their families? I'm sorry, but after reading this I had to force myself to read the rest only because a friend raved about your post. You said nothing that I didn't agree within the rest of your post, and I applaud you standing up for teachers. But your assumption was about household makeup is downright offensive.

Next time try "In Utah teachers are paid enough to support their families on a single income, nor can they pay for child care if both parents chose to work."

Anonymous said...

As a fellow Utah teacher, I agree 100% with everything that you posted. Thank you for your post!

Sheryl, Derick, and Kaylie said...

Thank you natalie for writing this awesome blog post! I am with you about everything! My husband and I are BOTH teachers. I teach first and have taught for going on 13 years. My husband teaches high school special ed and has been doing it for 7 years now. We have 1 daughter and sadly have had to put her in daycare since she was 6 weeks old. This was so hard. I wish I could have stopped teaching for a while and enjoyed those early years. But since I have been teaching a lot longer than my husband my salary is the majority of our income. But it's sad that the cost of daycare is about half of my monthly paycheck! The days where she is sick or even when I'm sick myself are so sad! I feel like I have to choose between taking care of my family and being at school with my kids. I'm pregnant with my second and we really don't k ow what to do. I agree with all of your solutions and hope someone here in utah listens and does something!

Jenna Behl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I'm a retired teacher. Unfortunately, I can't recommend teaching as a profession. My husband, also a retired teacher, worked two jobs for twenty-two years to support our family. I went back to school and got my certificate when I was thirty years old. I was a mom, a cub scout leader, worked in the auxiliaries of my church, and volunteered. I thought I had the background that would make me the best teacher ever. It was the only thing I'd wanted to do as a job.

I loved the kids! Don't get me wrong. But everyone outside of the profession knew better than I did what my students needed; what I needed. Policy makers have ignored the needs of public education by underfunding, and having no long term plan for education. We continue to build prisons while placing the burden on individual school districts to build new schools. New businesses come to the state; just look at Utah County, and are given tax incentives to come here thus depriving the school district of needed money to improve infrastructure.

Teachers benefits, retirement and health insurance, are routinely cut to balance budgets. With low salaries and no future advantages for education professionals, why stick it out for the long term. Teachers haven't had a decent raise in a very long time. We buy the bulk of our own supplies often choosing between our own children in favor of our bigger family. It's just not right and gets to be extremely discouraging.

You get what you pay for. A living wage, benefits, retirement and the things we need to do our jobs would be amazing. We want to teach. We can make a difference. To policy makers I say, "Quit making it so hard. Do your jobs! Look to the future of our state through our children. They are our greatest resource."

Ann Mitchell said...

My mom was a teacher from 1959-1997! When I was going to grade school in the 60's, jr high, high school, and college in the 70s, I wanted to be a teacher!
I taught 5th grade for 33 years at Alpine Elementary in Alpine, Utah. From 1980-2013! And, I was there in the best of times!!! My last semester at BYU, tuition was $400. (Received Associates degree from Dixie Jr College in St. George).
We had no money from the legislature, no paid working days, everything was our own money! Then, we had "Career Ladder Days." We were given 6 days to work however we chose, and 2 principal days. When it was summertime, it was summertime!!! If we worked at our school, it was our choice. Taking classes were for lane change. Our choice. No collaboration, common core classes, etc.
In 2013, I was diagnosed with Charcot Foot...a dozen broken bones in foot. When I took to HR at the district, they said because I had taught over 30 consecutive years in the district, I could retire!'s the best part!!! If you were hired in the district before 1990, you received an almost 3% stipend!!! 3% x 33 years!!! (As long as you had 20 years in the district) WAHOOOOO!!! (Yes, folks, this was when we were loved! We were not just testing facilitators!) I also received 6 years of health insurance (3 left). Even though I have to pay for my own insurance from age 61 until age 65, totally worth it!!! Our district no longer offers health insurance when you retire. This has been since I think 2005.
So, lucky me...I have been retired since age 54!!! I have a great stipend that just keeps growing! Other tax shelters. A check is deposited every month into my bank account! It is actually more than when I was teaching!!! No more association dues coming out (I'm a lifetime member now), or Foundation money (I donated a lot to myself, so I could get it tax free). I'm now a "Stay at Home Aunt" to my 16 great nieces and nephews...age 2 months to 16. I get to go to their programs, dance festivals, Christmas Sings, etc. It's great to have a life! And it was the best to have taught when you were treated so well!!!
Life is good!!!

Anonymous said...

My biggest issue is time. After putting in a full day of teaching 71/2 hours, I still need to prep. Because our materials are now found on line, I find that I do a large amount of printing. I am estimating five hours per week. In addition, I find that I must spend a large amount of time in grading, with data collection and disagregating the data. Add homework from new required school provided professional development, data meetings or PLC meetings, other duty meetings and I've added a second full time job. I don't get paid for the second job. That is all on my own time. I love stigmata that I put t in at least $50 of my own funds for classroom materials. These are not extra frills. My school provides one pencil per term for child. That does not cut it. During my first year of teaching kindergarten, I paid for classroom blocks, dramatic play items including dolls, dress ups, pretend food, and dishes. I bought my own sand for the sand and water table. Within five years the whole perspective on kindergarten changed. All learning centers were abandoned in favor of academic centers. Then I put funds into phonemic awareness, alphabet and math activities. A year after that the district dropped funding for two full time kindergarten classes. I was moved to first and began making new centers. Some of the activities were required games from our district in house math program. Not only does this take time but money as well. And as a current Utah employee, I get to hear from my state board of education about how lazy and uncaring teachers are, or how poorly in trained teachers are. We all came from the lowest students at our universities. (that bothered me so much that I did a survey of the teachers just at my school. Most graduated as honor students. Several were in a second career including one who had graduated from med. school). Most of this just leaves me exhausted. If the state wants to recruit more teachers, they will need to deal with teacher unpaid overtime and classroom funding. I had 30 first graders in my class two years ago.

Eat.Pray.Travel.Teach said...

Seriously, this just sucks. It bothers me so much seeing all the teacher shortages. And you're right - it is because we are not paid they way we should be. Out country does not value teachers, and that is a shame. When a teacher can not provide for their family, that is a problem. Why would ANYONE stay for that!? I can understand the struggle. I taught in a Catholic School for 5 years. There is so much misconception that since the kids have to pay tuition it goes into our salaries. WRONG! I have a masters and am on poverty level. This was the year I finally had enough and left. I have had multiple interviews for next year and am still waiting to see what happens. It's sad that I will make more just being a substitute. And will made at least double my salary. I truly wish you the best of luck. And I hope that it changes in the future. Because teachers are awesome and start all other careers. We deserve better.


Anonymous said...

I had taught for fourteen years in SC and was highly thought of in my profession. I had finally obtained a job at a tough inner-city school where I had wanted to work for years. The first year was fantastic; I was acknowledged at a faculty meeting for having raised test scores in only a few months. But the school failed its overall improvement goals, and an entire new admin was brought in the following year. The new principal was a former attorney with two years teaching experience. And he was a bully, not to students, but to teachers. So many of us were harassed to the point of quitting. I wasn't the first, nor was I the last. Forty percent of the faculty left that year. And the principal is still there (now four years later). I have been teaching in a Catholic school for the last four years. I am so glad I left public school teaching: the redundancy of the paper load, the excessive requirements that take us away from real teaching, and the abuse of principals who have too much power. I now teach in a small school where the faculty is like family. There is an environment of caring and commitment. My salary level was hit hard, yes, but the compensation of doing what I love in a nurturing and dedicated environment was so much worth it. And I still get to do what I love--teach. Oh, yes, and I now make eighty-percent of what public school teachers make. And that's fine.

Anonymous said...

I taught in California for 10+ years. The pay was decent (depending on district). However, the cost of living in California is out of control. We moved to Utah because we wanted to be closer to our children but found out that the California credential does not transfer to Utah. I took a year off from teaching (thankfully) but my husband's new job isn't great. I found out after the year off from teaching that I still have great love for teaching and am now retaking the Praxis (CSET in California) just so that I am recognized as a credentialed teacher. That said, I am certainly not doing it for the money. The pay here is appalling. In addition, Utah is a Right-to-Work state. You strike, you're fired. So, teachers have no voice; the legislators think that teaching is a walk-in-the-park kind of a job. Additionally, (this is somewhat changing), since Utah has a large amount of LDS/Mormons, I have heard people making the comment that teaching is like teaching Primary (Sunday classes for elementary age children), or teaching in the Young Men/Young Women (LDS church program for middle school to high school kids). That, to me, is so insulting. This is one profession where more people have a say over what we teachers have to do than the teachers themselves who are trained to be teachers. We would NEVER think of telling an attorney or a doctor how to do their jobs. Every politician jumps on the soapbox when seeking election or re-election and promises the sun and the moon, yet in the end, when they are elected, education is last or NOT on their agenda. No wonder there's a shortage - and it will be interesting to see what will be done before the shortage becomes out of control. I have told my children not to go into teaching. They're not interested either seeing how much time and how much of my own money I have poured into the classroom.

Beti Kempa said...

I just retired from teaching 25 years in a Catholic school. The pay was low, the hours long, but I loved every minute of my years there. I had anywhere from 30 to 34 students in my homeroom and taught three sections with an equal number of students. I know it is hard work, but we do it because we love teaching. All the extra grading of papers and plans is all part of the bargain. Stick with teaching, the MOST REWARDING JOB on earth.
God bless,

Owlba B said...

I agree that our college loans should be forgiven once we've taught a certain number of years. That would save me a huge chunk of my paycheck! We so need to get priorities straight as a society. I also discourage anyone that wants to be an educator. With so many changes and not enough pay for all that we do, it's not worth it. The future does not look good.

Paula Hamand said...

Hi, I think your post is very well written and that you offered solutions makes it even better. I am a special ed. teacher and taught in OK for 4 years, burned out, took a year off, worked a NON teaching job which paid $7/hour. I thoroughly enjoyed it. My children qualified for FREE lunches while I was teaching BTW. I got a wild hair and worked to get certified in Alaska, applied for jobs, got one right away in a remote area. Accepted it and have been loving this wild beautiful state ever since. My husband is very adaptable and supportive. My children complained a little about moving, but now they are grown and don't want to live anywhere else. The cost of living is high, but I can make house payments, car payments and visit my family in OK once a year. I get retirement, health insurance, 6 personal days/yearly as well as sick days. I had a major, stress related health issue this last year and had to cut back on my hours, not paycheck hours, just all those overtime hours we don't get paid for, I sneak around and work at home instead, but it is less stressful. Teaching is stressful and hard work, as a special educator I never know what kind of kid will walk through my door, many are aggressive and this old gal won't be chasing or attempting to stop any of those kids anymore! My own children were raised in my classrooms, my youngest had a playpen set up there! They weren't a bit interested in going into teaching ("you work too hard Mom"). I love my job, I considered getting out of it after the stroke, but just can't. I am doing whatever it takes to not be stressed, keep the blood pressure down and so on. You need to ask yourself: is this what I can live with? In 10 years will I be satisfied or discouraged with what I have achieved? Good luck, Paula

Anonymous said...

Agree 100% with it all! I returned to the profession after a 15 year break - despite all my teacher friends telling me NOT to do it. I'd taught a few years, had babies, then became a manager in the finance industry where my pay was over 2x what a teacher would make, free lunches, options for college reimbursement, free supplies, etc.. But...I missed time with my children & was tired of sitting in a cubicle. I wanted a purpose & knew I was an effective teacher.

I long-term subbed a bit before jumping in with both feet. I ENJOY the kids but despise the extra work expected - when?: grading, prepping, too many reports, IEP, kid 'drama' that parents should deal with at home, etc. Collaboration, data reports, creating new tests, etc. Much has changed, indeed.

A few more suggestions: 1.) We can't control it but lack of parental support is detrimental to student success. If your kid can't read by 3rd grade - YOU need to step up! 2.) Parents should buy their kids's supplies. Why should Utah teachers hand out a pencil each time Johnny breaks one in the name of "free education"? No. Other states have supply lists at the store for parents to buy from. If parents can buy a $5 Happy Meal at McD's, they can buy school supplies their children will hopefully take better care of. This frees up million$. Kids should come to school prepared to learn; a teachers job is to teach. 3.) SAGE testing. There is no investment in this from students or parents. Nothing happens to them, only the teacher. Teachers can't control what kids are assigned to their class - one teacher could get a bunch of high achievers while another gets those whose parents never turned in their track-request forms (for year round schools). A teacher can work their butt off, but I've had my brightest kids opt out or kids rush through 30 questions in under 10 minutes. We also have kids missing 40+ days of school and perpetually tardy. Resource - kids who aren't even in my class for Rdg or Math - are factored into my scores and drop it ~2-3%. My solution -- if kids can't score a 3+ they are retained or parents can pay for summer school until they pass. It's a big step, but really, if parents and kids aren't trying to score well and all the responsibility is on the teacher it's just plain wrong. Most don't care.

I've told elected officials: Let's have their pay be dependent on voter turnout. I know, crazy! As is treatment of educators. Many say teachers can leave if they don't like it, and sadly, many effective teachers are. The ones losing out on this are the kids - our kids. I wish we'd let prisoners live in tents, have less administration, and earmark $ to teacher salary, aids and specialized teachers (art, pe, etc.). Efficiency of processes and ownership from parents is key. I'm unsure I'll stay another 1-2 years, but while I'm here I'll do my' what teachers do.

Easy Shiksha said...

Online education s very best in education because they create education campaign for students which gives them flexibility in learning.

Randi Pollack said...

Well written! As a 20 year teacher I agree with all of your excellent points! Too bad the politicians don't see things the way teachers in the profession do! It's a ridiculously difficult job!

Unknown said...

I work as support staff and have for 18 years. Im a bus driver and I love my job. However when teachers here in Utah get a 3% raise, it means our department is cut. I have the utmost respect for our teachers but am appalled at the lack of respect they show their support staff. We need to end the devision of us vs them here in our state. My job is dependent on yours, and you can't teach children who have no way there. We are all underpaid, all losing our benifits, and also in a serious staff shortage. It will take all education staff to work together to change ohow we are perceived and how we are treated. We are in this fight together.
P.S Most drivers have college degrees, we drive by choice.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...