Monday, July 18, 2011

Classroom Supplies

I've decided to re-post a couple of things that I think you might like! :) It's Throwback Monday today!  I of course included a new download!



As tough as the economy is right now, it's difficult to find money to buy everything you need/want for your classroom and for your students {in my district, we're not allowed to send home a supply list and the beginning of the year}.
This idea is for a "Donation Door"! Thank you to Lisa {a kinder teacher at our school} for the idea! Your door can be geared toward a theme...My classroom theme was bugs and so my door matched my classroom.  This door is great for the first day of school  and also for Back to School Night Ideas for donation items:
*Baby wipes
*Ziplocks
*Clorox Wipes
*Address labels
*Pencils
*Erasers
*Germ-X
*Markers
*Glue Sticks
*Colored Pencils
*Batteries
*Play-doh
*Prizes
*Picture/chapter books
*Puzzles

Donation Door


Parents will take off the item that is attached with velcro to the bug. 
(This ensures you don't get doubles of anything you don't need)



{This is the explanation sign that goes on the door}




Click
{here}
 for the posters, clipart, and explanation for the Donation Door
                                            Click {here}
for the Donation Door labels



Could you use this in your classroom?

16 comments:

Fran Richardson said...

We used to do this on an Open House night with an apple tree, and we got a very good response especially when parents could not volunteer for other activities like tutoring or field trips. I am not sure if I can do this again because policies often change with who is in charge. Several years ago we were told not to ask parents for any items ( like Kleenex, paper towels, etc.) because we were provided with those. Right. I was the one providing :)!



Sophie and Sadie’s Scholarly Site

laughinbrunette (Jennifer) said...

Cute idea!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Ladybug said...

We do somethng like this at our school. We have a "Giving Tree" (kind of like one of the previous posters said).

I have a bug/ladybug theme in my classroom so I had a "Giving Spot." I wrote items that I needed on cut-outs and parents could then just take it with them, if they wanted to donate.

P.S. Your door idea is very cute! :)

Kinder Fun said...

Thanks for sharing! This will be my first time doing a wish bowl. Since we are doing an Ocean theme, I am doing fish in a fish bowl, I am going to use your label template!! Thanks!

Mrs. Johnson said...

Such a good idea! I work at a private school, so although funding (from the school/state) for simple classroom needs isn't always there, we have awesome parents who are really involved. Thanks for sharing!

www.wildaboutkindergarten.blogspot.com

The Burdicks said...

I just want to say thank you so much for all of your freebies. I am a first grade teacher from Minot, ND. Recently we had a huge flood take over half of our city. My school will more than likely be torn down and I lost everything I had in my classroom...literally, everything. Last year I appreciated your freebies but I have a feeling that I will appreciate your freebies much more this coming year. Keep up your awesome work!

Hadar said...

Of course!! And thanks for a copy of the bugs. You are awesome!! :)

Hadar
Miss Kindergarten

Kym said...

Quite sad that you don't get the ability to send home supply lists with your families, but I do like the idea of asking for donations games and extra art/craft supplies for our classroom. We also have a great organization called KidSmart in our area that provides free basic classroom supplies to teachers.

Leanne Dobson said...

Cute idea! Thanks for sharing!

Mrs. Obregon said...

GREAT idea! Thanks for sharing!!!

River Rats said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Marika's Blog said...

Totally using this idea this year! Crossing my fingers that my parents are generous. . .love ya Rachelle!

Unknown said...

I love this! Where did you get all your bugs? I am doing a bug theme this year, I thought it would be easy and I cant find bug things anywhere!

Rachelle said...

@ Unknown: I got the bugs at a teacher supply store here in utah called Utah/Idaho Supply http://www.uisupply.com/

Or I am pretty sure you can get them at DJinkers.com

:)

Alex Quinn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Adw0623 said...

I think this idea is a really awesome way to get parents involved and to ease the burden of buying all of the supplies for teachers. I also like how versatile this can actually be for any classroom!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...