Monday, November 8, 2010

Management Monday!

Every Monday we are going to post a couple of tips on management ideas (motivators, positive reinforcements, transitions, etc).  Here is my tip today- I actually just started this class motivator with my class this week because I wanted something different.
I got it from another fellow teacher/blogger at First Grader at Last!





Brownie Points......I LOVE it and it is a great twist on the good old marble jar!  I always make sure to have a motivator for each part of the classroom: *individual, *table, *and whole class.  This is for the WHOLE CLASS!  Just buy a regular old cookie sheet and attach magnet tape to the back, and then stick it to your white board. Anytime the class as a whole are doing a great job by listening, following directions, being responsible, finishing their work, working quietly, etc.... you can give them a "brownie".  When they fill up the whole tray they can pick from the mystery envelope (which I would have taped to the bottom of the tray for a great mystery).  The students can earn extra recess, lunch with the teacher, popcorn party, or an afternoon movie.  What do you think? Let me know by leaving a comment.


You can find the brownie download {here}.

16 comments:

Natalie Kay said...

I love the brownie idea! I also think it would be cute to do chocolate chip cookies. A fun reward would be to give them actual brownies or cookies when it gets filled up (store bought, of course!)

:)

Natalie Kay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie Kay said...

Check this fabulous idea out:

http://oneextradegree.blogspot.com/2010/10/sweet-behavior.html

Elizabeth said...

I am going to implement this in my classroom starting tomorrow! I already tried the power pellets last week and it was WONDERFUL!! I will let you know how it goes!

Mrs. Edwards said...

I love this idea. I already bought the cookie sheet and printed the Brownie Points title, but I can't find a cute brownie picture. Would you be willing to share yours? Thanks so much :)

ekedwards4@gmail.com

Mrs.Capps said...

Are you willing to share the brownies and writing for this??? So cute!!! I checked the link for the other 1st grade site and it wasn't available there either! Thanks so much!!!!! eden_capps@scps.k12.fl.us

dbs0786 said...

I made the brownies, but I was wondering if you would please email my the Brownie Points sign and ? mark you used. I love how they look!!!!! dbs0786@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Great Idea!!

Mrs. Giglio said...

Thank you- I LOVE IT!!

http://mrsgiglio.blogspot.com

lucky_penny09 said...

I love this new take on point earning! I'm going to start it right after thanksgiving break. So, you said you have some kind of 'student monitors' to help out?

Robyn H. said...

I LOVE this idea! Going to try it when we get back from the Christmas holidays! :)

Anonymous said...

I love this idea! I am a new kindergarten teacher and I will definitely try to implement this. Thank you for sharing. =)

Kristina said...

Thanks so much! I have seen this idea before and plan on using it starting tomorrow to try to motivate my students for the past 9 weeks. I was ready to make all the signs and just thought I'd check to see...you did all the work for me! Thanks again!

Mrs Warner said...

I love this idea. We currently do a pizza reward, children earn toppings for good behaviour and attitude. http://year4blogspot.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/pizza-party.html
I think I'm going to adapt the Brownie idea for my class next year. Thank you for your great idea
Lisa Warner
Y4 teacher
Leeds, UK

Kate said...

I was wondering if you would please email my the Brownie Points sign and ? mark you used. I love how they look!Thanks! phelankathryn@yahoo.com

Mrs. Skowronski said...

Fabulous work! Your blog inspired me to do my own. Here is the link to where you were given credit for the idea. Thanks!!
"What's Skow-ing on in 4th Grade?"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...