Management Monday!

Do you ever walk into other teachers' classrooms and see something you like and steal their idea?  I do it all of the time (with permission of that teacher).  Well, when I first started teaching I walked into my mentor teacher's classroom and saw this next fabulous management idea (Thanks Jessica)!

I put an absent folder on my absent student's desk.  The students at their table will make sure they get all of the work we do that day put in their folder.  I do check their folder at the end of the day and make sure there are not tests or activities that can only be done whole class. Then, when that student returns the next day, they put their folder in their backpack.  The instructions to the parents are on the folder. 




Just download the absent folder cover, glue onto a folder, and laminate.  I make about 15 of these (they do get lost a lot).


This just in! I made this one as a request to one of our readers! Download both {HERE}

11 comments:

JDaniel4's Mom said...

This is a great idea. It is so easy to forget that absent students have missed something.

Katie King said...

I LOVE this idea! You must have known that I get the child with truancy issues every year :) Thanks!

Elisabeth said...

Love this!! Thanks for sharing! You are great!!!!

Mrs. Daniels First Grade said...

I just usually put their papers in their mailbox when we do one. That way it is always there.

Ladybug said...

I have an absent folder in my classroom already, but I really like your cover! Super cute! :)

Ms.M said...

I did this in my class when I taught Gen Ed. Used a two pocket folder and let the kiddos take the folder home for the night. I was wonderful.

Ms. M
www.msk1ell.blogspot.com

ScrapinShana said...

Great idea! Love it!! Thanks for sharing =)

Pinks My Ink said...

I have been doing this for years. Mine say "We missed you while you were gone!". I don't know how to upload yet, as soon as I figure it out, I will start sharing. I like the clip art on this one better, mine were made back in the day when we didn't have clip art like DJ Inkers, lol.

Ladybug Teacher said...

I love this idea...I am going to implement this in my room. It will make it easier to keep track of the work, especially if a classmate files the work away during the day.

Thanks so much for sharing!
http://ladybugsteacherfiles.blogspot.com/

Far From Normal said...

I love this idea! This was definitely something I needed to improve on for the upcoming year!

Ellen Anderson said...

I did this at the beginning of the year with my 6th graders! I bought a bunch of brightly colored file folders and printed "absent" in all different fun fonts. I wanted to make it more useful as an in/out folder so I created a table to add to the front that I can write on with wet erase markers. I fill in the date, assignment, due date and notes. I added a white label to the top tab where I can write their name. I had them laminated and I leave them in a rack on the corner of my desk. The kids are really good about getting them and putting them on the desk when someone is absent. The writing comes right off with a wet wipe. It has made my life so much easier!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...