Thursday, January 27, 2011

Valentine's Day Ice Cream

This little idea came from my favorite 1st grade D track teacher (thanks Ashlee)!  I will use it the Friday before Valentine's Day because I'm trying to do a healthy Valentine's Day Party (I think I might call that party- "I {heart} my heart!").   This is a super fun and yummy learning/social experience called Friendship Ice Cream.  They have to find other students to sign off on each of their items before they can collect the supplies for ice cream sundaes (ex: If they want a spoon, they have to find a friend who has lost at least 2 teeth).  It looks like this:




 {Click the picture below for the download with instructions}
 clipart and/or fonts copyright Diane J. Hook and used with permsission www.djinkers.com
clipart from KPM Doodles

11 comments:

Mrs. Harris said...

This is too cute! Where do you get these adorable ideas???

Plants seeds of knowledge...for our future! said...

Too fun!!! My class would love this! Do you have any tips that make the management of this easier or things to avoid doing?

According to Kris... said...

Love this idea! Thx for sharing!

Rachelle said...

Management ideas: I always tell the students that we get to do super fun learning activities because they are good boys and girls. I ask them: What if we didn't follow the expectations of the classroom during this activity? (they always say...we would not be able to do fun things like this). I set the expectations first. *Quiet voices, walking feet, etc.*

*also, a good tip would be to let the kiddos walk around clip boards.

Sarah Paul said...

I love this idea! Thanks for sharing :)

Kathleen said...

Love it! I do ice cream sundaes every year, but this makes it even sweeter! Thanks for sharing!!
growingkinders.blogspot.com

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I would love for you to link this idea up to the Virtual Valentine's Day Party I am hosting. It starts Feb. 6th.

Here is the link: http://www.jdaniel4smom.com/2011/01/virtual-valentines-day-party-feb6th.html

Emily said...

This is adorable! What a fun and social activity!!

Ladybug said...

This is a really cute idea! Thanks for posting this! :)

Donut Diva said...

this is perfect I am having an icecream party for Valentines day this year. I am going to borrow your idea and add some more things that we will probably have at the party. Thanks!

Trisha said...

Do you send home a note with items for parents to bring or do you supply them all? LOVE this idea and plan on doing it this year.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...