Science Experiments for Elementary



 
Experiment #1

 What will happen when I put raisins in a cup of sprite?  
After you do the experiment, you will find out that the raisins DANCE!  My students L.O.V.E this experiment and think that it is hilarious that the raisins dance up and down in the Sprite!


Click {here} for the raisin experiment




Experiment #2


What does our heart do for us?
We talked about the heart and it's purpose! Then, we observed our own pulse using a marshmallow and toothpick. What a great time to learn about the heart (Valentine's Day)!
 Click {here} for the heart experiment 



Experiment #3

Which object lets the most light through from our flashlight?

Using a flashlight, we determined which objects (dollar, black paper, net, plastic wrap, and tin foil) let through the most light.

 Click {here} for the light experiment




clipart and/or fonts by DJ Inkers.  www.djinkers.com



Is your school heading to the land of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or STEAM (Same, but add art)? Last year, our school committed to becoming a STEM+A (plus Art) school. So far- I'm loving it!!! It has really got me thinking outside of the box for sure. I'm excited to share with you some ideas that I have with STEM in the future. For now, I've got some posters that I made for our 1st grade STEM+A Intro Day!



For our STEM+A Intro Day, we rotated all of the first graders (split into 5 groups) through our classrooms. Each teacher took on one of the letters and taught the students about the meaning of that letter and how we use it in every day life. We want our students to know that STEM is everywhere! Then, we did an activity based on the letter we had. I had Math and we played Pokemon Go Addition (totally made the game up...haha). 

These posters are great for my students to refer back to.



Click {here} to check these posters out!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...