Friday, March 11, 2011

3D Leprechauns

There is the cute, artsy 3rd grade teacher at my school {Mrs. Coyle} who did these HILARIOUS {made me laugh out loud} 3D leprechauns. I just have to share:

Here is the how to:

Give the students a 12" circle pattern to trace on a 12X18 manila paper.
They cut into the center (vocabulary: radius), overlap until a nose appears.
"Leftover" manila paper is used for the ears. (Make sure they have points!)
Students can choose yellow, orange or brown (9X12) for the hair, etc.

                    Each gets: 9X12 green (for the hat)
                                      4X6 red (for the mouth)
                                      4X6 white (for the eyes)
                                      2X3 blue (for the eyes)
                                      3X3 yellow (for the buckle)



What do you think about these little darlings?

19 comments:

Lindsey said...

ha! those are so cute!!! i wish i would have seen these sooner. we just made some leprachauns that turned out freaky lookin...

my kids would have loved these so much more! :)

Kelley said...

Fabulous! My kids are testing next week so these will be a fun project to release some creativity!

Kim said...

Ha ha! Those are awesome--I love them!

Mrs. Ibarra said...

Cute, Cute, Cute!!!!!

Lisa

http://alwaysfirstgrade.blogspot.com/

Laurie said...

Just might try these next week! So cute...

http://firstgradelyonsden.blogspot.com/

Leslie said...

soooo funny/cute! Thanks for sharing!

Ladybug said...

Adorable! I am sure they are even cuter in person! :)

Mireya Aguirre said...

Awesome!!! A must do!!!

Thanks!!
Mireya
yayaagu@aol.com

Anonymous said...

They are too funny. Thanks for sharing them with us.....amy

Trish said...

Love these! Super cute! Thanks for sharing the awesome idea!

Let The Sunshine! said...

I seriously laughed out loud and had to show my hubby!

www.youcanmakethesunshineanytime.blogspot.com

teacher2mom said...

These are adorable!! What a fun idea!

julie

Michelle said...

soooooo cute and funny!

Tammi said...

I wish I had a group of firsties this year so we could try this! I'm not brave enough to do it with my k kids. Maybe I'll come up with some patterns for them to trace different hair and ears. I think they would love it!

Tammi
http://havingfunk-1.blogspot.com/

Laurie said...

I did this with my class today and they ABSOLUTELY LOVED it! Check them out at

http://firstgradelyonsden.blogspot.com/

THANKS for sharing!!

grace said...

These are so darn crazy cute!! I had planned to "steal" and do them with my kiddos, but had a sick child and was out on St. Pat's day and didn't want to leave it for a sub...bummed we didn't get to do them! Can't wait for next year---thanks so much for sharing your awesome ideas!

SunnyDays said...

These guys are popping up all over Pinterest! Im actually going to plan ahead this year so I'm not sending kids all over the school to find the colors of construction paper I didn't know we didn't have! Wouldn't that be a nice change of pace...

Denise
Sunny Days In Second Grade

Miss said...

These are super adorable! I think the 3-D effect is perfect! Thanks for sharing!
http://afaithfulattempt.blogspot.com/

Ms. M said...

Thank you so much for sharing!!! I really loved the project! I tried it with my students and they had a blast : ) Everyone loves how it turned out!! Even the co-workers : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...