Revolutionary War Projects

I came up with this project the other day when preparing for a sub. It was meant to sort of be an educational "filler" activity, but I was so impressed with the results that I'll make sure to do this project again next year.

All instructions are listed in

You'll need computer/internet access so students can go to these links:

This chart was inspired from a chart that my super awesome friend/teammate made for her Revolutionary War master's project. (Thanks Erica!)
I had my sub do this in one afternoon, but you could split it up and do it over a couple days. I would recommend at least 30 min for research, 30 minutes for posters, and 15 minutes for presenting to the class.

Here are some examples of my students' work:
What do you think?

7 comments:

Christine said...

Hey! This is great! I was needing something to teach some battles - I'm not great at knowing all the details for even the important ones, and yet the kids need to know! Guess what tomorrow's social studies time will be spent doing? Thanks! I love all your cute stuff!

Natalie Kay said...

Christine!! I'm so happy you can use it!! :)

Miss Teacher said...

Thanks for sharing! I was JUST googling Revolutionary War activities yesterday, and this seems like a perfect way to expose kids to the battles without reading the textbook drivel about every single one. Thanks, I will definitely be using it!

Mrs. A said...

I taught the Revolutionary War earlier this year, but I'll definitely print this off and add it to my file for next year. :) Thanks for sharing this great project!

Matt said...

Thank you so much for sharing this. I'm a new fourth grade teacher this year and we will definitely be doing this in my classroom. I've already got it up on our class website. You can see how I've arranged it here... http://mrallen4.weebly.com/science--ss.html

Again, thank you so much!

Janelle Rushin said...

Check!! I was just searching online for a way to teach the battles . . . so glad I came across your site!!

fisakson said...

Found (and bought) your all year unit of US History on Pinterest for my AP class. This will be so useful even for my "big kids" Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...