After learning about the constitution and the three branches of government, I enjoy having my students do this to learn more about the judicial branch. Because my students loved it so much, I wanted to try to find some more free resources.
Here's what I found:
- The Case of the Missing Puppy (5 day mini-court lesson plan for grades k-2)
- Mom A. Bear, Pop A. Bear and Babe E. Bear v. Gold E. Locks
- The Case of Mary's Missing Lunch
- Judgement on Nuremberg
- Finding Justice for Fairy Tales (webquest)
- State of Maine v. Delphinia Rose Sweetpea
- United States v. John Smith (Says it's for grades 6-12)
Have you used mock trials in your classroom? Which is your favorite? What tips do you have for teachers who've never done it?