Friday, August 26, 2011

It's calendar tiiimmmmeeee!!!

I'm linkin' up with Blog Hoppin'!  Here are my freebies!


Can I just say, I actually love calendar time in my classroom [it takes about 15 minutes, maybe a little less each day]? I know, weird. My calendar is set up to be totally student led, fun, and engaging. I've modeled it after MANY classrooms I've been in. From my practicum in college, to my student teaching, and all the way back to my first year of teaching. It's definitely evolved. So thanks to all those who've helped me!



 months of the year and the calendar
Days of the week





Weather
Money and Time


Days of School


I got the calendar from Scholastic
Piggy Bank is from Scholastic
Judy Clock is from Carson Dellosa
Weather cards are from DJ Inkers
Place Value Straws are from ????



If you want to know about my calendar routine and use my freebie printables, 
just download them {here}!




Here are some of the items included:







When a student loses a tooth, I give them a toothbrush and they can take home the "Dear Tooth Fairy" writing stationary! :)




Clipart and/or fonts used with permission from DJ Inkers and Scrappin' Doodles

16 comments:

Grade ONEderful said...

Thank you! I love your tooth fairy cards :)

❀Barbara❀
Grade ONEderful

Ms. Trinh said...

I'm in the process of setting up my very first calendar board. Thanks for sharing yours. I love the tooth fairy letter!

Keys4Education said...

Thanks a million for sharing your freebies! :o)

Jennifer

CacheyMama said...

Nice, these things look very good in your classroom! I like the homemade look instead of having everything store-bought. Thanks for sharing. BTW, I am a new follower from Frogs, Bees and Under the Seas. Please check out my blog!
Preschool Teacher by Cachey Mama

Donna said...

Thanks so much for sharing these. I have to admit, my calendar time needs a boost and these ideas will definitely step it up a notch. I especially like the Calendar Quiz sticks! Thanks again!
Donna
Peace, Love & Learning

Team Carroll said...

Love, love, LOVE your calendar area!! I'm missing mine SO much now that I have the SmartBoard :( I'm actually going up this weekend to carve out an area for a whole new calendar area. Thanks for the freebies!!! LOVE the Tooth Fairy letter template! Thanks, girl!!

XOXO,
Cara :)
The First Grade Parade

First Grade and Fancy Free said...

Using the "I lost a tooth" template....love it, so cute!

Miss J said...

Thanks so much for sharing!! What is the font you used for the word "Calendar" in your blog post. (Below "Here are some items included").

It is so cute!! Thanks!

Miss J

Amy said...

Wow, this is awesome! Thank you!

Amy @ First Things First

Rachelle said...

@Miss J- I used DJ Bizzy! You've got to have it! :)
http://www.djinkers.com/djbizzyfont.html

-Rachelle

Ginger Snaps said...

I love Calendar time too!! =) Great ideas!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I love your calendar time rountin! The sons sound like fun.

Malarie said...

I've been waiting for this post! Yay! I love your calendar time :)

Sandra said...

Love your calendar wall! Mine has taken a life of it's own! I love the tally area for the weather!!!

Anonymous said...

Its all I can do to NOT giggle when we say "yesterday was thursday, today is friday" bc it reminds me of that horrible (yet wonderful) Friday song.

Crayons and Curls said...

Love your calendar! :)
Cheryl
Crayons and Curls

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...