Sunday, October 30, 2011

The day after. . .

You know it's going to happen. The inevitable day after Halloween CRASH! Do you think you'll need an endless supply of Diet Coke...maybe even a IV of it?  Perhaps you'll declare it "read to yourself day"!  Maybe you'll pretend like Halloween never happened?

Nah. You'll turn the day after into a teaching experience, of course!

Why not let them share what happened on Halloween in an opinion writing piece?
 Here is a writing idea you can use on Tuesday!


Lower grades:




Upper grades:




Click {here} to download!






Also, remember these:





Well I had some requests to add a "how" to those posters...




So, re-download {here}




Natalie and I are SUPER excited for the blogger/teacher meet-up in Salt Lake City on Sat., Nov. 5th! 
If you are interested in coming, please email us! You don't have to have a blog in order to come! 
whattheteacherwants@gmail.com



16 comments:

Natalie Kay said...

Awesome! Thanks for including one for upper grades too. I'm going to have my students choose 3 reasons to write about, to get them ready for 5 paragraph essays.

Courtney said...

Love the writing paper! I will be using it on Tuesday.

Swimming into Second

Sarah said...

How fun!! Love the idea of Halloween!!

Our school voted to celebrate on Friday since our community will trick or treat on Sunday night (football play off's on Monday night) So we are offically ALL DONE with HALLOWEEN!!

Will be using that writing experience tomorrow!! LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing!! Also LOVE the WHO, WHAT -- posters too!! Must have missed them the "first" time!!

Thinking of all of you tomorrow!! Phew, we are DONE!

Sarah Hetrick
shetrick@gmail.com

Beadboard said...

I'm a K teacher & can pass along the upper grade sheet to those levels. They're gonna love me! LOL Thanks tons for sharing!

Kelley Cirrito said...

Thanks so much for sharing! I am excited to use this activity on Tuesday!

Kelley
http://buggyforsecondgrade.blogspot.com/

Julie said...

I will most definitely be using this cute writing paper the day after. Thanks so much for sharing.

Fern Smith said...

I always felt that November 1 should be a National Holiday!
~Fern
Fern Smith’s Classroom Ideas!

Teach Love said...

Thank you for sharing the writing paper and posters! ^_^

Grade ONEderful said...

Thank you VERY much!

❀Barbara❀
Grade ONEderful

BookshelfMonstrosity said...

Perfect! Was going to make something like this up, but I thought I'd check here first. Once again, you've saved the day!!! Wonderful as always.

KdgKelly said...

Thanks for the go-to lesson! Love the freebies! Thanks!

imafarmgirl said...

This is the best treat! Thanks for sharing we are going to use this in my kindergarten!!

MJ @ Teaching in Heels said...

Thank you so much for sharing! What a great way to have each student tell about their Halloween without taking over class time to do it...

SunnyDays said...

Definitely doing this tomorrow!
Thanks a bunch :)

Denise
Sunny Days In Second Grade

Anna said...

I have fallen head over heels in love with this blog! I am a little confused though...Rachelle are you a KDG teacher or first grade? I'm KDG and wondering why my kiddos aren't writing this much...they will be soon though :)!

Rachelle said...

Hi Anna! I teach 1st grade! :) Thanks for your sweet words!!!!!!!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...