Management Monday: Pumpkin Present

Halloween time is full of wonderful things!  Like: pumpkins, haunted houses, candy, soup, and REALLY EXCITED STUDENTS!  To help my students remember the rules and expectations during the few weeks leading up to Halloween, we do a "Pumpkin Present" each day.

During the day, if a student is following the rules and expectations, 
they will get the pumpkin on their desk.



I move the pumpkin all around on different students' desks all day.  If you are working nicely, you'll probably see the pumpkin once, maybe even twice on your desk! You can't play with him or touch him, but if you are the very last person to have the pumpkin on your desk at the end of the day..... YOU GET THE "PUMPKIN PRESENT" that is inside of the pumpkin!  I like to put pencils, or stickers, or smarty pants tickets, or maybe silly bands! *If you have lots of kiddos in your class...send around 2 pumpkins!

You do this everyday leading up to Halloween! You'll be amazed and how nicely they work!  This idea is a bit like the Dr. Seuss one I did in March.  Try the "Pumpkin Present" for yourself. You'll be in awe and how well it works!

What do you do to maintain order and focus during the weeks leading up to Halloween?

22 comments:

Ms. Preppy said...

How fun!! My kids will love this and it will help keep them on track! Thanks for sharing this cute idea. :)

Caitlin
Ms. Preppy's Adventures in Primary and Polka Dots

Tara said...

Oh my golly, this is Brilliant!!!

4th Grade Frolics

Jess said...

Love this idea! Thanks!

Gladys said...

I tried the Cat in the Hat idea you posted back in March...and it worked wonders! My kiddos will LOVE the "Pumpkin Present"...thanks for sharing your great ideas! :)

Gladys
http://teachinginhighheels.blogspot.com

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ginger Snaps said...

OMG I love this idea!! Love LOVE LOOOVE!

First Grade and Fancy Free said...

This is so cute!!! Definitely going to do this!

Kim Read said...

Awesome! I have done something similar using my "Bravo" cone with my 5th graders, but it had fizzled out this year. Thanks for the inspiration to get it up and running again!

http://fantasticfifthgrade.wordpress.com/

Primary Junction said...

What a cute idea! Kids would LOVE this!

Alicia said...

love this idea! totally stealing it. :)

Kristin said...

BRILLIANT!!!
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Sally said...

How very cute! I reward my kids by letting them keep a beanie on their desk for the day. For really great effort, they get a flag! (I have a collection from lots of different countries.) They love that!

I'll be starting a contest between boys and girls tomorrow. The whole boys vs girls thing always gets them excited, so that should be fun.

Sally from ElementaryMatters

Andi said...

LOVE IT!!! Boy do my kiddos need something like this right now!
Thanks for sharing!
~Andi

SmartyBearMom said...

I can't wait to try this. Thank you for sharing.
Cindy

Jennifer said...

So stinkin' clever! Love it! Thanks girl!

Rowdy in First Grade

Crayons and Curls said...

I so need this! Thank you for sharing this adorable idea! :)

Traci said...

LOVE this!
Thanks for sharing this idea.
Traci @ Dragonflies in First

Claire said...

Does it help them in the beginning of the day, even though they know they won't get the present until the end of the day?

Fuel the Brain said...

What a great idea!

Kristy said...

What a great idea! I just discovered one of those pumpkins in my office today - now I know what to do with it!

Teachin' First

Randi said...

This is an amazing idea! Thank you!

Randi @ www.teachitwithclass.blogspot.com

Rebecca Hertle said...

I tried this for the first time today. It was amazing! Even those students who historically struggle with making good choices decided this was worth working for! They tried so hard that tomorrow I am going to have one for the boys and one for the girls! (I have 25 students.) THANK YOU!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...