The most random ever

I know this is not a Management Monday post, but I have way too much to say today!
 Look for a Management Monday post next Monday!
*WARNING* this post will be totally RANDOM! :)



What l’m lovin’!


*If you are in the Utah area on November 5th, we will be having a teacher/blogger meet-up
{you do not have to have a blog to come}!
I'm so excited to have lunch with fabulous teachers/bloggers in our area.
I was completely inspired by Cara's meet-up she had in Texas. For more details go to our Facebook event {here}. If you don't have a Facebook and would like more information, just email me. {whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com}
 

*I'm lovin' all the support I've gotten on TpT from all of you {and I know Natalie does too}. Thank you and I feel so blessed. The winner of my new Guided Reading Packet that guessed first what I like to do most other than blog/teach was...  
YES! I love to organize my classroom!  I do love the other options too {except working out}, but I most love to organize. 
 Didn't win? Oh, well I love having sales on my TpT items. 
It's on sale for 3 more days!
 Click {here} to see it!


*I cannot even WAIT to use Abby's {The Inspired Apple} "Pop Rockin' Descriptive Writing Activities" when we get back on track in November. I've got it all printed and so ready to go!  Who woulda thought to use Pop Rocks Candy in writing {GENIUS}!? 
{source}
*I am also LOVIN' Kathleen's {Growing Kinders} "It's Fall Ya'll Seasonal Math and Literacy Activities".  She is truly talented! I'm really excited for the cute spinner activity in there!


*I just want to give a shout out to the ladies at Lesson Plan SOS blog {Melissa and Nicole}. THEY HAVE BEEN SO HELPFUL TO NATALIE AND I! We appreciate everything you have done for us.
P.S. Everyone should go to their blog and become a follower because they have about a bazillion ideas on there!


*Have you read Ron Clark's new book, The End of the Molasses Classes?
{Source}
Let me start by being honest...
I wasn't sure I would want to read another teacher book, but I started reading it one night when I couldn't sleep.
I'm SO GLAD I DID!!!!!! He is so motivating, inspiring, wonderful, hilarious, and admirable. I want to be him when I grow up. He cares so much about his teaching passion and was even Disney's Teacher of Year. Let me follow up by saying he was featured on Oprah. Need I say more?
I particularly like the fact he has built his own school, The Ron Clark Academy, and has a GIANT slide going down to the 1st floor. That's legit and completely necessary.


I love this part of chapter 8 {and this whole chapter}:
"Be selfless with your contributions to the team."
This made me think. I love to share my ideas with the blogging world and I need to make sure I share my ideas with my team any time I can. When we collaborate, we are really helping each other's students. It's  important to think of all of the 1st grade students as all of ours, instead of just Mrs. Smith's class or Mrs. Johnson's class.  We inspire and develop the minds of all of the students.

I love chapter 51:
"Don't constantly stress about test scores. We have to stop sending the message to our students that the purpose of learning is to take a test."
I seriously feel stressed over our district testing! I hate that feeling. I need to realize that CHILDREN ARE NOT DATA AND WE NEED TO TEACH THE CHILDREN!  We teach them to prepare them for college or the working world, not to take a test. We need to love, support, teach, and inspire these kids. 

So, head over to Amazon and BUY.THIS.BOOK.
Or buy it for your principal, or that moody teacher down the hall. It's super inspiring.



I told you it was completely random and a little long. If you made it to the end I THANK YOU!

I want to hear from you!  What is something you are lovin' these days? 

14 comments:

Natalie Kay said...

Amen to everything!!

Especially the part about the book. I am LOVING Molasses Classes!! So inspirational!! Don't know why, but I find myself crying over every other page. Just makes me realize what I do is important and motivates me to do better.

Miss C said...

You have officially made my day! I am so so so so happy to have won! It is my first win in blogging world! YAAAY!


AND OMG----PUFFY HEART LOVE Ron's new book! I bought it Saturday and will finish it tonight! :)

Best random post ever! Only sad part, I so wish I lived in Utah! You guys are amazing!!!!!

Kathleen said...

I'm lovin' you tonight, Rachelle! Thanks for the shout out!

Gladys said...

Awww....I wish I lived in Utah! I so want to go to your meet-up...you girls are absolutely amazing! And so sweet! :)

Chrissy said...

Great post! You made me smile...on a Monday night...knowing that I have an observer for two hours tomorrow...she will be there before the children arrive--yikes!

I am loving the weather in my corner of the world. The summer was above 100degrees and the winter will be near zero, but it is a gorgeous 75degrees now. ;-)

ReadWriteSing

Beth- the mama bee said...

I read Ron's new book a few weeks ago and LOVED it. I've liked his other books too. He's so motivating!

Kristin said...

Okay, Okay, Okay - I'll read the book! :) I was feeling like you were but you've convinced me!!!!
And I wish I lived in Utah so I could join in the fun. Have a fabulous time!!!!
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Rebecca said...

Hi Rachelle! You made my day by finding my blog and letting me know about the Utah meet up!! I'm so excited! Who knew we were so close?! I am looking forward to it! (rebasutton@gmail.com)
Love your guided reading packet...going to buy right now!
Hugs,

Rebecca
Teaching First

Carrie said...

I'd love to meet up, post more info on the get together, and thanks for the apple post, I needed new ideas!

Fran Kramer said...

You are so right about this book! After a full day of teaching I pick up my Kindle and treat myself to another chapter of this book. I actually met him at a thinking maps conference and I would like to "bottle" his energy and love for people! Thanks for reminding me that so many things are right about teaching. A child gave me an amazing answer yesterday and I looked into her shy, five year old eyes and said, "Pack your bags 'cause you're going to college." She loved the comment and participated for the rest of the afternoon.
Fran@kindergartencrayons.blogspot.com

Rachael Hope said...

I'm loving so many of your ideas!

I'm also loving Listen to Reading right now. I just posted on my blog about it!

http://mrshopefirstgrade.blogspot.com/

Miss Foote said...

I am loving writing and Ron Clark!

Laurie
http://chickadeejubilee.blogspot.com

Kristen said...

ack! I wish I could meet you girls!! I am way faraway over in the Northeast :(
Kristen :)

Erica Bohrer said...

I wish I had frequent flyer miles so I could come meet you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...