Explorers Jackpot!

I was searching the internet today for resources to help teach about Early Explorers. 
(I know I'm a little bit behind in my social studies instruction - I figure that as long as I get to pilgrims by Thanksgiving, I'll still be in good shape.)

*Do you all know the special trick about search for things on the internet? Just add 'pdf' in your google search and you can find some pretty good, ready-to-print resources.*

 These are the two INCREDIBLE resources I found today... thought I'd share:

1: Hands on History: Explorers

A 48 page resource of hands-on, fun projects on explorers. My favorite is the accordion style book that can be found on page 9. 

2. Early Explorers - Teacher Activity Packet

My favorite is page 6 where it has a worksheet on explorer related vocabulary with the pictures associated with each word. 

Finding these resources made me super happy, as I am going to a math conference tomorrow and needed to finish up my social studies sub plans. 

I don't know about you, but I LOVE free resources!! :)


Kristin said...

Rachelle, I hope I didn't get you in any trouble with the whole . . . the . . . that question I asked about . . . the place that has books in it. I am trying to speak in code but I don't think I'm doing a very good job.
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Mrs. H. said...

Thanks for the tip about adding pdf to a search. I'd never thought of that!

Ms. Chrissy B said...

This has a TON of stuff! Thanks! And thanks for the pdf idea.

Buzzing with Ms. B

Christine said...

This sounds awful, but I'm glad you're as behind as I am in social studies. I just finished up Jamestown and am going to get to Plymouth this week and next, then get the colonies together so that we can revolutionize in January. Whew.
Thanks for the good explorers ideas!

Blair said...

Ahhh I would have loved this about 2 weeks ago!! I am on pilgrims now and have been using scholastics Thanksgiving unit! For early explorers I had my students make life size explorers and they wrote a comment bubble with the explorer introducing himself and telling a little about who they are. They turned out so cute!

Also, I had no idea about typing in pdf when googling things!! How awesome!


Anonymous said...

Is there any way that you can re-post the web address for the student packet? This is a great resource-

Bill Kolesnik said...

The link for the two resources you list don't work anymore. Is there an updated one?

Lill' Me said...

Ditto what Bill Kolesnik said

Lea B said...

Is there any chance you'd share these PDF files with a fellow teacher? Both of the links are invalid at this time... I'd be grateful if you'd consider emailing them to me! leaburnside@embarqmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...