freezing weather, snow, and bears...oh my!

Guess what? We had snow. I know, right?  The day after Halloween, we HAD SNOW and it was only about this much. but I pouted like a 4 year old.  It happens every year at this time and yet I'm always completely baffled when it does! Which brings me to my next point. WINTER.  YIKES!!!! This year is flying by and it means a LOT OF INSIDE RECESS. {insert dramatic music}

I looooove teaching my kiddos about all those fun winter topics....penguins, snowflakes, icebergs, and bears. I usually teach my bear unit in January, but some teachers might like it as a good transition from Thanksgiving to Christmas. Which now brings me to my next point..... A BEAR UNIT! This unit was actually supposed to be a mini-unit, but I went overboard and after over 100 pages, I think I'm done.



Here's what is included:
*Facts book
*Anchor charts
*Graphic organizers
*Counting bear game
*Place value bear game
*Bear food taste test activity
*Number, picture, word match {with color or black/white}
*Gummy bear graph
*Addition bear sort {with color or black/white}
*Bear word problems
*Bears in a cave {missing addend game} {with color or black/white}
*Bear fact and opinion sort {with color or black/white}
*Opinion writing about favorite type of bear
*Antonym sort and match {with color or black/white}
*Polar bear craft with informational writing
*Paper plate bear craft with informational writing
*Polar bear poem with vocabulary cards
*Teddy bear day!!!!!
  -Parent note
  -Compare and contract
  -Teddy bear measurements
  -Teddy bear questionnaire
  -Teddy bear writing
  -Corduroy reading response
  -Corduroy craft


Here is a sneak peek of a few things:





You can grab yourself a freebie right now! Here's the antonym bear match with the recording sheet. :)
{Click the picture to snag that}






And so, this bear unit is on sale right now to Sunday!
{click the picture below} 




You can win this unit {or any unit from my TpT store} just by following my TpT store and leaving a comment on this blog post, telling me your favorite {or yours students' favorite} thing to do during inside recess! Then, using random.org, I'll randomly pick 3 winners and I'll let you pick an item from my TpT store
Don't forget your email address!




Contest ends Saturday {November 5th} at 11:59pm {EST}
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...