Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas Readers' Theatre

The other day I had a thought that it would be fun to do a Christmas-y readers' theatre with my students before we go on break. Thanks to good 'ol Google, I was able to find a couple good ones in just a couple clicks. 


Here's the 1st one I found called: 

There are 15 characters total, so I'll be able to split my class up into two groups. 

I made some character tags that you can give to each character. Just punch some holes in the top and add some string and you're students can wear their tags around their necks.


I'm thinking that after a week or so of rehearsals we will "perform" our little show to a 1st grade class in our school. 
(Our class has a 1st grade class that we do reading buddies with. Each week for about 20 min, my 5th graders go down and read with the 1st graders. We LOVE it! Shout out to my friend, Misty, who is my reading buddy partner and has a really cool 12 Days of Christmas unit for sale at TPT)

I was also able to find another link to a fun Grinch readers' theatre.
(I have not yet made character tags for this one yet... but I might try to get them done tomorrow...)

Do you know of any other free links to readers' theatre? I'd love to know if I'm missing any good ones!

16 comments:

The Andersen Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
First Grade and Fancy Free said...

I've found several Readers Theatre scripts on readwritethink.org
Looks like fun!
Ericka
www.firstgradeandfancyfree.blogspot.com

Busy Bees said...

This is soooo cute. You are too creative. Our first grade comes down and does these for us all the time and the kids love them!! We have a gingerbread one this week.
Robynn
BusyBees

Rachel said...

These are really cute! I just did a post today of a readers theater for 'Night Before Christmas' on my blog! Great minds think alike :o)
Rachel
Ed Link - First Grade

A Teacher's Treasure said...

What a cute reader's theater!

❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
A Teacher's Treasure

Kim and Megan said...

FYI I did one for The gingerbread man. I revised it and added the character cards recently. I heard someone else talk about that and it does really help the kids keep the characters straight.

Anonymous said...

A great website for literacy resources for all grades! Please check it out. It’s not completely online yet, but will be soon!

www.litdiet.org

Youtube channel with how-to videos!
http://www.youtube.com/user/balancedliteracydiet/


Please spread the word!

Mrs. Shepherd said...

Love the idea of doing a play before break! I may just have to throw it together, also. Are you having any props?

Eshepherd79@gmail.com

Jess said...

Thanks so much! I love this!
Rambling About Reading

The Hall's said...

So excited to see your kiddo's do this for my class!

Shannon said...

I'm so glad you posted this! I'm going to use the Goldilocks one with my 6th graders this next week. I had already been contemplating doing this instead of our boooooring reading story!! :)

Shannon
http://6thgradescottforesmanreadingstreetresources.wordpress.com/

Amanda Stallings said...

Love this reader's theater!! My kids love to "act out" stories!! I'm going to try to throw it together for our Pre-K kids.

I'm your newest follower and I even posted about this tonight!!

Mrs. Shepherd said...

We performed the play today and it was great! Check it out!

http://ericashep.blogspot.com

Everyday Teaching & Classroom Flyer! said...

Hi - I just saw your TPT store at:
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Natalie-Kay

and in case you are looking for a few scripts this year, here are some Christmas-themed
ones for primary classes:

ARTHUR'S CHRISTMAS READER'S THEATER:
http://www.thebestclass.org/files/QuickSiteImages/ArthurChristmas.pdf

THE GRINCH WHO STOLE CHRISTMAS READER'S THEATER:
http://www.thebestclass.org/The_Grinch_Who_Stole_Christmas.pdf

'TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS READER'S THEATER:
http://www.thebestclass.org/Twas_the_Night_Before_Christmas.pdf


CHRISTMAS EVERYWHERE POEM:
http://www.thebestclass.org/files/QuickSiteImages/ChristmasEverywhere.pdf

Happy Holidays, and best wishes to you and your class!
Brenda Barron
everydayteaching@realmworkscommunications.com

Anonymous said...

An impressive share! I've just forwarded this onto a coworker who has been conducting a little research on this. And he in fact bought me dinner because I stumbled upon it for him... lol. So allow me to reword this.... Thanks for the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending time to talk about this topic here on your website.
Check out my web page : winter internship

dixsonc said...

Is there anyway you could email me the script. I couldn't get the link to work.

Cindy.dixson@pella.k12.ia.us

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...