Friday, December 9, 2011

Elves wanted!

Every writing activity we do has to align with the Common Core and I  want my Christmas writing to be no different.

Last year, I saw the cutest Elf Application, printed it and USED IT as my example for my students. Which means I didn't have a black line.  So, I made my own {the Common Core part is the opinion...why would you make a good elf}:






Long story short...I remade it because I couldn't find it. Low and behold, I FOUND IT ON PINTEREST!!!  It was originally made by the lovely Cara at The First Grade Parade.  So, thanks Cara, for the wonderful idea and inspiration!!

Here's my bulletin board! :) I included the letters that I used with DJ Inkers fonts and Pixel Papers background.


18 comments:

MJ @ Teaching in Heels said...

Love it!! I'll be using it this week :)

Roo said...

This is so cute. Thanks for sharing.

The Lesson Plan Diva- Teacher Resources said...

Thanks for sharing!

Malarie said...

Thanks for another writing activity! I've been trying really hard to enhance my writing instruction! Love it!

www.youcanmakethesunshineanytime.blogspot.com

Tina said...

Thanks so much for a great activity! I can't wait to use it in the classroom next week:)
Tina

Good Morning Mrs Rubie

Mrs. Smyth said...

So fun! Thanks for sharing!

Dee said...

Mighty cute!
Dee
First Impressions

Jan said...

Too elfishly cute! Thanks for sharing!

Turtle Girl said...

Super cute - we just made the elves from glyph girls and are going to write journals from their perspective. This will be an excellent warm up activity!

Ms.M said...

Very cute, I just posted about some Reindeer Wanted add I saw another class at my school make.

Ms. M
Ms.M's Blog
A Teacher's Plan

Mrs. K said...

LOVE this SUPER CUTE & CC aligned Christmas writing activity!!!!!!! Thank you very much for sharing:)

A Teacher's Treasure said...

LOVE this! so cute!!!!

Happy Holidays!

❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
A Teacher's Treasure

salley said...

This is too cute! Now I have to decide if I want to do elves wanted or reindeers wanted or both!

Lisa said...

so cute! thanks for sharing!

Ericka said...

I can't wait to do this with my second graders this week! Thank you SO much for sharing!!

Rebecca said...

I love this and posted about it on my blog! http://teachingfirst-abc.blogspot.com/2011/12/so-much-to-do-so-little-time.html
Rebecca

miss em said...

Thanks for posting this! Such a creative idea!

miss em said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...