Monday, December 26, 2011

January Activities

As gloomy as January sometimes seems to be {the after Christmas blues}, I really love teaching this time of year. My students seem to come back from Christmas break as new, independent learners!

I posted about some *free* January themed activities that you can check out {here}.





I also have this fun word search that I made for January that you can download free {here}.
Clipart copyright Diane J Hood and use with permission by djinkers.com

Here's what we're doing in our classroom next:
This cute board is from Really Roper. She's got a free mini-unit! Go get it (here)!

Then, we've got this amazing unit that we'll do the second week of January:
I love this unit! You can get this one from Deanna Jump {here}.



And lastly for January, we'll be learning about bears. This is from my Bear Unit.
You can find it {here} on sale today and tomorrow only!



Have a great break! :)

11 comments:

Heather's Heart said...

I love these ideas! I am obsessed with all of the DJ Inkers January clip art pictures! Thank you for the pictures that always give me "new" ideas and brain pops!

I have several snowmen and penguin *freebies* if you want to come over and grab them! =)

I hope you had a very Merry Christmas!

Heather
Heather's Heart

Kelley Cirrito said...

Thanks for sharing all these great ideas! I am excited to get back to school and use some of these activities!

A Teacher's Treasure said...

These are so cute! You make me wish I was back in Elementary!

❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
A Teacher's Treasure

laughinbrunette (Jennifer) said...

Thanks for the freebie! Your packs look great!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Hadar said...

I seriously love you!! I was scrolling through really slowly to see how much your January activities were going to cost me and then I gasped when I saw the word FREE! Love that! Makes me realize that I need to give more freebies! Thanks Rach! {I can call you that because in my head were' bff's}

Hadar

B. Roper said...

Thanks for the shout out! I love your blog!

Crayons and Curls said...

Thank you for the freebies! I so love your Word Search! I need to learn how to make these - my Kinders this year LOVE them! :)
Happy Holidays! :)
Cheryl
Crayons and Curls

Kristen said...

Thanks for the word search! My kids need some fun in their lives!

Lisa said...

So fun!!! thanks for sharing! I hope you'll stop by my blog http://ateachersbagoftricks.blogspot.com/ to see the zoo themed literacy center activities I have up as well as the ideas for teaching with legos. I've got a snowflake minilesson with a board game as well.
- Lisa

Lindsey (The Teacher Wife) said...

love the activities! you rock, cute lady! :)

SugarFoot Designs said...

I really appreciate that you put up free activities....I am teaching 2nd grade this year for the first time after years of 5th and I get so frustrated that alot of blogging teachers want you to buy the cutest things. Teaching is about sharing, or it should be. I understand paying for a whole unit theme, but 3 dollars for a word search? come on! I love your site and have shown it to all my teaching buddies. Thank you for your extra to our profession!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...