Wednesday, January 18, 2012

This is kind of a big deal...

Do you have a blog idol?  Natalie and I have always loved the ladies over at eighteen25. They have such amazing ideas, they're so sweet, and can I just say 2 words that sum it up: SUBWAY ART!

Today, we are GUEST POSTING over there. Yes. Go ahead and re-read that. Breathe. We are so excited! And do you know what we've discovered? Those ladies are fabulous and down-to-earth.  DUH!

So, can you do us a favor PUH-LEASE?  Head over to eighteen25 {become a follower if you're not}, check out our post, and show us some love. Tell them that What the Teacher Wants sent you! :)




In honor of our readers here at What the Teacher Wants and our new friends at eighteen25, I've made a little printable for your home. 

My husband and I LOVE Chinese food.  We have our favorite place we go to every.single.time.

At the end of the meal we read our fortune from our fortune cookies and we always save the best ones. I would stuff them in our "junk drawer" {you are nodding your head agreeing that you too, stuff anything and everything in that drawer}.  I wanted a cute way to display them so I came up with this:

Here's my non-teaching idea. It doesn't happen often, so soak it up!


Fortune {from a fortune cookie} Display


Here's what you need:
*Frame {Hobby Lobby}- make sure it has the piece of cardboard on the back
*Crafting wire {Walmart}
*Painters tape {Walmart}
*Printable {click on the color you'd like}:
{red}

Just tape the printable to the cardboard that comes on the back of your frame. Cut pieces of crafting wire {I cut separate pieces} and pull tight over the printable that's on the cardboard. Tape each end of the wire to the back of the cardboard. Repeat. :)  Then, put your fortunes in the wire and put the glass on top.  Carefully put the glass inside of the frame. Viola! :)



My favorite fortune {my husband got this one}:
You and your wife will be happy in this life.


Background design from Dreamlike Magic

20 comments:

Tamara L. Chilver said...

Congratulations! I ♥ eighteen 25! You wonderful gals are famous now. :)

Monica said...

What an adorable idea! Visting from eighteen25...love the ideas you shared today!

Kim said...

Love you! Love eighteen25! It's a perfect combination!!

Jen@eighteen25 said...

you girls are so sweet!! we are so happy to have you over at our place today!! thank you for all you share!!
jen :)

Ashley said...

You guys did a fabulous job!! Thanks for introducing to me to an adorable new blog. I have to tell you a little funny...my husband's uncle is hilarious and he said you are supposed to end every fortune with "between the sheets." Lol!!!

diditeach said...

Too funny, someone was eating a fortune cookie at school today and our principal said you have to end every fortune with 'in bed'....made me laugh.

Miss Foote said...

Congrats! Love the fortune cookies! I am a new follower.

Laurie
Chickadee Jubilee

Natalie said...

I know what its like to be in awe of a blog...kind of like how I am in awe of y'alls blog!!! I just started my own blog, and would love if you could check it out!

http://teacherytidbits.blogspot.com/

Much love,
Natalie (isn't that a great name?) :)

Deanna Jump said...

Great job ladies! You are rock stars. What a wonderful opportunity for you! Hey, y'all I know Rachelle!!! :)

Hadar said...

That's awesome! I LOVE fortunes!!!

Kristin said...

I'm new to eighteen 25 so can't wait to check it out.
And your craftivity is ADORABLE!!!!
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Kelley Cirrito said...

I will have to check it out! I love finding a good blog!!!

Ms.M said...

Ok, I am a LONG time reader of eighteen25 and you guys both. As I was going through my blog roll this morning and catching up I was so confused when I opened up eighteen25 and saw you ladies. :P I thought my computer had freaked out. Ha, ha.

All I had to do was read the first line! I was glad to see you ladies on there. I am such a huge fan of both blogs. :)

Ms. M
Ms.M's Blog
A Teacher's Plan

First Grade and Fancy Free said...

Loved your post! So cute and fun ideas. Great job ladies!
Ericka
www.firstgradeandfancyfree.blogspot.com

Mrs. Cupcake said...

Love this idea! I have a little jewelry box, and one of the drawers is STUFFED with all my fortunes.. I save them ALL!

A Cupcake for the Teacher

Jenn Bates said...

WOW, that is exciting! I LOVE them!! Very cool!!
Jenn
Finally in First

Primary Paradise said...

Love eighteen 25 and your blog! Thanks for sharing your craft idea.
Tammy
primaryparadise.blogspot

Lisa Lizak and Beth Wright said...

Eighteen25 is amazing! Love your craft idea :) Have a nice weekend :)

Lisa :)
Made In The Shade In Second Grade

Amanda at Learn, Laugh, Grow said...

Very cute fortune frame!! I've ALWAYS loved fortune cookies, but especially since I got one 2 years ago that read "Good things are coming your way". It was just two weeks before my hubby proposed! :)

Amanda

Lisa said...

LOVE the fortune frame. I always keep the good fortunes, but never had a place for them. Thanks for sharing!

Lisa
http://stories114.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...