Monday, January 30, 2012

What I'm Lovin' {non-teacher version}

Hi friends!!! I'm just enjoying my last week of off track with some R&R.  I thought I'd use my new iphone and take some pictures of things that I'm lovin'!



So, those of you who know me, know that I had not gone to the 21st century technology when it comes to phones. I just could not do it.  BUT, finally I decided it was time! The iPhone will change your life.  Just so you know, I talk to Siri all the time. Last week I told her that I loved her.  She said, "You say that to all of your Apple products.".  Touche Siri, touche.

I'm loving my new mustard yellow pillows I got from Tarjayyy {Target}.




I'm loving my Valentine's Day decor shelf.  I got the cute printable from eighteen25 {here}. By the way, when you use cute little glass vases to hold candy hearts to decorate for V-day, it's not a great idea because they are so.darn.addicting. Did you notice the missing candy hearts in the vase? Perhaps they fell out. Perhaps?



I'm loving my new Asics "running" shoes I got 2 weeks ago.  Really, I don't run much because let's be honest....if you see me running, call the cops! I'm the person yelling out my car window "eat a Twinkie" to the skinny girl running in 20 below weather.
  I do workout though!  It's crazy that you can burn calories without running. :)
To read more about my shoe problem, see below.



Oh I apparently struggle a little taking picture with my new phone.  But what I'm loving here is the new OPI Shellac!  My sister and I got our nails done on Saturday. Then we ate at Cafe Rio. Ohmygoodness. If you have no idea what Cafe Rio is {I think it's just a Utah/Nevada thing}. YOU ARE MISSING OUT, but your scale is thanking you.


You can't really tell in this picture, but this little board holds tons of pictures and the pictures just slide right in!!! So easy to change pictures in and out for the seasons! My sister-in-law bought it for us for Christmas and she got it {here}.



Ok, yum! I love these panini's from Lean Cuisine.


If ya'll promise to keep a secret, I'll tell you one more thing. Promise?
Just as I'm about to hit "publish post" I get a knock at the door. It's my BFF Mr. UPS man. :)  Look what he brought me. ALL 3 of these boxes are shoes.

Let me start by saying...I NEVER BUY SHOES OR CLOTHES FOR MYSELF. It's been 2 years since I bought a pair of shoes. 2 years?!?!?!  So please, don't judge me. :)

3 NEW PAIR OF SHOES!!! The reason I need this to be kept quiet is that I haven't told the hubby the extent of my "I need new shoes" rampage I was on last week. He just said "that's cool, buy what you want". I know he won't mind, it's just....well...I apparently need a shoe intervention.

1st pair on the left:  If you need comfy and cute, you NEED these.
2nd pair: TOMS. They are my first pair. I know I'm a little late on the bandwagon, but I just had to have them.
3rd pair: My "running" shoes from above wanted to be in the picture too!
4th pair: My Asics for walking outside because I didn't want to use "running" shoes to walk outside or to the mall or to get my nails done.


What are you loving?

33 comments:

Jen R. @ The Teachers' Cauldron said...

OMgosh!! I am LOVING your mustard pillow on your couches - GREAT combo!! And I need me a pair of TOMS too!! I don't have any...but it's been like 3 or 4 years since I've bought myself any clothes or shoes - thanks to being pregnant, and then knowing I was going to try again...so now I'm finished, and when this baby weight comes off, it's a shopping spree for me! weeee!! lol

♥ Jen
The Teachers' Cauldron

Tara said...

Loving all this!!! I have similiar tennis shoes Asics..love them for walking..soooo comfy! My phone contract is up in a few weeks and am trying to decide whether or not to go with an Iphone...help? Love the pillow too!!
Seriously takin any advise on the iphone:)
4th Grade Frolics

Jen R. @ The Teachers' Cauldron said...

p.s - you saw reagan's post on her old phone that she's rockin' - right?! ha!

a day in the life... said...

i just got my first pair of TOMS for Christmas and LOVE them!!!!

Kinderpond said...

I love love love my iPhone!!

Shhh- I don't own any TOMS :(

I need new shoes as well :)

Jennifer

Stacy said...

Would it be weird for me to say I LOVE every. single. part of this post?? I LOVE those paninis, I LOVE that you yell at those silly running skinny girls (I yell because I am jealous) and I LOVE LOVE LOVE your pillows and shoes...I bought Aasics a few years back and LUH-UHveee them!

..this got me thinking, I need new shoes! hmm...

Stacy

2nd Grade Paradise

madefor1stgrade said...

Hey Rachelle, love all your products...especially the running shoes! I have those on right now and heading to the Y. I LOVE them. They are so comfy!! You will be glad you splurged on all the shoes...and 2 years without a new pair...WAY toooooo long! Enjoy! PS: Hope to get me an Iphone this year. Got my two college daughters one for Christmas and they are smitten! Just got home from school and got our President/symbols unit put together to use! Excited! Thanks for joining up with us!!
Diane

Lisa at Stories From Second said...

I'm horrible about buying shoes for myself too! I have a big foot and I hate going to stores to look for shoes because they never have them! I'm waiting until Toms releases their ballet flats to buy my first pair! :)
Lisa
Stories From Second

Randi said...

*A smart phone will change your life forever...there's really no going back

*I love those Lean Cuisine's too my new favorite is the glazed chicken.

*Woman to woman - don't go that long without buying new shoes again! Really shoes and jewelry have nothing to do with weight! Splurge away :)

Andrea said...

I really want a pair of those Toms! You have to let us know if they are comfy. I pinned an outfit that I think had that exact pair, but it didn't have info. You can never have too many shoes! What am I loving right now? Starbucks and guacamole...and because of that, the treadmill! :)

Elisabeth said...

Love this post! I love my iPhone too! Not sure what I did before I had it! You will love the Toms!!!


Elisabeth
www.missdelk.blogspot.com

Ms. Rachel said...

LOVE MY iPhone more than anything!!!!

Im grounded from shoe shopping, at least thats what hubby says!

I love my toms! and I love shellac too, works so so good!


Rachel
Ms. Rachel’s Room

Clutter-Free Classroom said...

I'm totally rushing out tomorrow to find those pillows. I adore them.


❤Jodi from...
★★The Clutter-Free Classroom★★
Helping Teachers Get Organized

Elizabeth said...

Ha! Loved this post.

I have a family of 4 and all of us have the iPhone 4S where we can talk to Siri, too.

Our favorite question, "Where can I stash a body?"

Yes, we are pretty demented.

But~Her answer is always a storage unit facility nearby...

Hilarious!

Elizabeth

Fun in Room 4B

Sandra said...

AHH! You shouldn't have bought those Toms!! You will never buy another shoe again!! I have too many pairs to count! LOL :) They are the best! Try the glitter ones...too cute!
❤ Sandra
Sweet Times in First
sweettimesinfirst@gmail.com

Jodi said...

Lovin' the shoes!!!

Jodi
Fun In First

Amanda said...

I want that photoboard!! But that link didn't take me there!!! Ima searching! The Kindergarten Chick

Mrs. Halbert said...

I eat those Lean Cuisine Paninis pretty much everyday for lunch. Your new pillow and shoes are precious!

♥Samantha
Learning with a Happy Heart

Ashley said...

I love all the shoes in this post. However, as a laid off teacher I should probably hold off on buying. Is it awful that I have never heard of Toms? Thanks for the tip on the comfy shoes. Every teacher needs a cute and comfy shoe!

Ashley
Live2Learn

Primary Junction said...

The iPhone will change your life! I promise you'll never use another phone. I'm also a Siri addict by the way. Ha. I talk to her all the time and ask anything I can think of. Such a cool invention!

Kayla
Primary Junction

Kristen said...

That pillow is divine!! And your shoes?! Love them! You made me laugh so hard with the twinkie comment...I'm the same way :)
Kristen

Erica Bohrer said...

You can never have too many shoes! I love the sneakers all the way to the right! I love shoes, did you see the picture of my shoe closet?

I don't even know how to talk to Suri! I need help.

Kat said...

Ah yes I L.O.V.E. my iPhone. Especially since I programmed Siri to call me Your Highness.

*hugs* Kat

Runde's Room said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the whole post!!! I have a shoe thing, too. And the delivery guy is also my BFF ... and it's too funny that the same guy who does the area around my house also does the area around my school ... so I see him there, too ... where I sometimes get my "stuff" delivered so I don't have to tell the hubby ... ;)

Jen
Runde's Room

Gracie said...

I have the iPhone 4 and I love it! Did you know that Toms flats come out Wednesday? I will be at Nordstrom's right after school! http://www.toms.com/ballet-flats?roi=echo4-17513173880-14611992-8e5407242d7245ec671e72bed01b9cbd&bhn_mid=3872856&bhn_rid=1954126310&&utm_source=email&utm_medium=us_balletflat_comingsoon&utm_campaign=january_27_2012

Gracie
www.livinglargeinfirst.blogspot.com

Natalie Kay said...

This is the best post ever!! I want Mr. UPS man to bring me some goodies too!!

Hadar said...

I want those grey toms!!!! And you forgot to mention that you're loving being famous on TpT right now!! haha!

mtompkins said...

A girl can NEVER have enough shoes!! 2 years is TOO long to go without shoes. You have a lot of catching up to do! haha! The shoe closet I "share" with my husband is totally overtaken by my shoes. He has 4 pairs total to my 30. :)

I am in LOVE with my iphone!!! I can't believe it took me so long to get one. (got mine 1 1/2 years ago) I am sad to say I don't have Siri...yet! But I will soon!! Oh, yes, soon. hahaha!!

WILD About First Grade!

Kerri and Lindsay said...

Love love love the Toms!! And, we have cafe rio here in Cali, not 2 minutes from my school!! It is soooo amazingly delish!!
Love this post, and your nails are so purty!
Kerri b
Teacherbitandbobs

Kristin said...

Cracking up at telling Siri you love her and what she replied to you!!!!! LOVE IT!!!! :)
I don't have Toms yet, either, but they're on my list. :)
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Run Teacher, Run! said...

Love your running shoes! My pink and grey asics were the inspiration for my blog colors! haha. I always think a great pair of shoes motivates you to get going!


Mary Beth
Run Teacher, Run

SunnyDays said...

I don't know what the heck is going on. I've followed you and added you to my reading list, but your posts never show up in my sidebar! I have got to figure this out...I keep missing all the good stuff!

Anywho - how were the Tom's? Everybody loves them but they don't look all the comfortable to me :/
Denise
Sunny Days In Second Grade

Mrs.LaSota's Blog said...

Oh my gosh! I don't have te 4s yet but I want one sooo bad! My husband upgraded when it came out. He asks the most inappropriate things to Siri and her responses are HILARIOUS and almost creepy.

By the way- I love ALL of the shoes- especially the first pair!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...