Monday, October 1, 2012

1-2-3 Spell with Me!

My students have had such a blast in Word Work practicing their spelling words! Here's what one of my kiddos did today:


That honker of a keyboard was found at my local thrift store!  I got it for a whopping $4!  I bought a few more and my students LOVE to "type" up their spelling words on them! You could also print off a keyboard on cardstock and laminate it.

This recording sheet and 15 spelling activities are available in my new TpT packet!


This packet includes 15 spelling activities for your students to practice their spelling words independently! Each activity comes with a kid-friendly direction sheet for you to post in your classroom.

This packet works with spelling word lists from 1-20 words! I've included a variety!

Activities included:
*You're My Type 
*Call Me, Maybe
*Sentence Builder
*ABC Order
*All Scrambled Up
*Size Them Up
*Rainbow Words
*I Spy Apples
*Run, Run Rudolf!
*Cloud With a Chance of Words
*Sunny Spelling
*Stop and Reverse
*Pen, Pencil, and Marker
*Roll and Repeat
*123 Count with Me








Check it out {here}
On sale just tonight!!!!!!!!!


14 comments:

FirstGradeBlueSkies (Jennifer) said...

Yet another one of your items to add to my wish list!!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Rachel said...

Such great ideas as always! I had to laugh at the "Call me, Maybe." The kids would love that just from the name itself!

Johanna Tackitt said...

I love it! Another must have!

☏Johanna
First Grade Fanatic!

Randi Fleming said...

Awesome as usual! Your titles are so creative. I love the idea of the kid friendly directions too :)

Randi

Sara Soucy said...

I have a keyboard on paper and my kids think it's the best!

Sara :)
Smiling In Second Grade

Stephanie said...

I love the "Call Me Maybe" choice!!

❤ -Stephanie
Falling Into First

Natalie Kay said...

Super cute, Rachelle! Nice work!!

vicky1970 said...

OK friend - are you sure we aren't like soul sisters switched at birth or something? We both brought peep goodies to the bloggy meet up and I'm telling you I just recently purchased a big honkin keyboard and had an extra at home that I am using for the same stinkin' thing. Great minds think alike I guess. Always love poppin in on you. :oD
Vicky

Traci said...

Super adorable. How can we... I mean the kids... resist Call Me Maybe? so catchy! :D
Love it all!

Alison Hislop said...

What a great looking pack! Well done!

Alison
Teaching Maths with Meaning

Michelle Griffo said...

I love the typing idea!
Michelle

Amy J said...

This looks fantastic as usual, Rachelle!

Love the keyboard idea...I have one in my storage closet in my classroom. It's coming out tomorrow! :)

Amy
What Happens in First Grade

Adventures of Afterschool said...

I love your idea of using an old keyboard. That will make it more fun and switch things up a little bit!

I am your newest follower!! Come visit me over at www.AisforAfterschool.blogspot.com

-Jenelle

Heather's Heart said...

Looks awesome Rachelle! I have a large keyboard that I drew on a shower curtain that the kiddos love to use. =)

My kiddos ADORE spill or spell. It is great for teaching problem solving too! I have shared about it on my blog. It is using a pizza pan to balance on top of a bottle as the kiddos place counters on top while spelling the word.

Heather
Heather's Heart

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...