Friday, December 21, 2012

Last Minute Christmas Craft {for home or school}

First, can I tell you that I'm FREAKING out!!!!  I will be presenting for the very first time in Kansas in January! PLEASE, if you live near Wichita, come say hello! I *might* be SO flippin' nervous. BUT, I'm so excited!


***************************


I was contacted by Spangler and they offered to give me a pack of Dum Dums and Candy Canes.  WHOA! They weren't kidding! Thank you so much Spangler! Look at what they sent me:





I decided to do a holiday craft with my kiddos that I found on their website {here}!

 

We cut a slit in the reindeer and stuck in the Dum Dum. Then, we taped down the candy canes to cardstock and glued on the reindeer head.  They turned out darling and my students oohhed and ahhhed over them!
You can download the pattern for free {here}!


Check out Spangler TODAY for some cute crafts and great pins on Pinterest!!!!!


After doing our craft, we learned about Caribou {reindeer}.  I posted these last year and I thought I'd show you them again. :)  Enjoy!!
















14 comments:

SunnyDays said...

These are so cute! Pinning and saving for next year. This ALMOST makes me sad that I'm already out for break and can't do it this year (almost...but not quite!)

Denise
Sunny Days In Second Grade

Lesson Plan SOS Teachers said...

RACHELLE!!!!!!!
I am soooo excited for you!!!!! After seeing you in action at the Vegas meet up- I know that this is right up your alley! I have all the confidence in the world in you! When are you coming back to Chicago for a conference??? :)
Melissa

Kristen said...

aaaaa!! That is AWESOME Rachelle!! I would love to see you present, you will be incredible, I know it!

Ari and Ashlie said...

I am so happy for you! I know you will rock it! Good luck and I hope that your success will bring you to the STL area soon!

Sandy said...

Congratulations!!!!!! You are going to be wonderful! I know only got to meet with you for an afternoon at the SoCal blogger meet up a while ago, but I learned so much from you just in that small amount of time! You will be amazing!!!!!! :)

Fluttering Through First Grade said...

What a lucky audience!!! You will be wonderful just being you!
Christy & Tammy

Heidi Butkus said...

Congratulations on presenting with SDE!!!! I'm so happy for you! I'm sure you will do absolutely fantastic!
Heidi

Mrs. Bartel's School Family (Alyce) said...

WOW, Wichita is so close to me! I wish that my district was not having a professional day that day...I would love to come see you present. Good luck!
Alyce

Mrs. Bartel’s School Family

Erica Bohrer said...

I am so proud of you Rachelle! You will be AMAZING!!! Love Ya!

Mrs. Wathen said...

How exciting! You will be awesome:) Wishing you were coming to Florida! Hint, Hint.

Tammy
The Resourceful Apple

Kim and Megan said...

You will be awesome! You have the personality and the "know how"! Can't wait to see you in action!

Kim and Megan said...

You will be awesome! You have the personality and the "know how"! Can't wait to see you in action!

Kelley Cirrito said...

Hmmm...I live in Kansas and I think I totally need to check this out!! I want to see you in action!!

Christy said...

Congrats! Even though I'm mainly a 5th grade special education teacher, I cover a K-4 building too... I hope I can get approval to come. Wichita is just a hop, skip, and a jump a way and I know you'll be amazing!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...