Spring Fever? NO WAY!

I'm doing this in my classroom again this year and it works like a CHARM!

Are your kiddos feeling the spring fever or are you the one going stir crazy!?
This management tip is used on our 1st grade team but will work in any classroom. 
It's great for springtime spring fever.
You need 2 Easter baskets and plastic Easter eggs (you need double the amount of eggs as you have students...so if you have 25 students, you need 50 plastic Easter eggs).  Can anyone say Dollar Tree?

In basket #1, you fill the eggs with the students' names (one name in each egg).  In the other basket, you fill the eggs with strips of papers that have prize names on them.

Randomly throughout the day/week, pick a student to come and pick an egg out of the name basket.  They open up the egg and read the name {or you can pick from the basket instead of having a student do it-I just like to involve everyone}. If that student is on task they get to pick an egg from the prize basket (If they are not on task, you just quietly put the egg back and the students know that someone that was picked was not on task).  Here is a list of the prizes I giveaway. Some of them might not be applicable to you, but you can just leave those out.

{Click HERE to download the prize list}

After the winning student gets their prize, you also give them one of these certificates!  It makes them feel so good and you'll have VERY on task students all week.   

{Click HERE to download certificates}

clipart and or fonts from DJ Inkers (djinkers.com)


Reagan Tunstall said...

I am making this tonight!!!! I love it thank you!

Julie said...

LOVE it!!!

neganfamily said...

I'm unable to download either document. :(

TheElementary MathManiac said...

What a fun way to help cure the spring fever! I love the idea of positive reinforcement certificates!!!

The Math Maniac

Miss Sara said...

That's such a great idea! And super cute too :)

Miss Elementary

First Grade Buddies said...

Super cute idea! Thanks for sharing!

:) Tamra and Sarah
First Grade Buddies

Stephanie said...

So cute and SMART!! Love it! I need to go buy eggs :)

❤ -Stephanie
Falling Into First

Miss T said...

What a cute idea!

Journey of a Substitute Teacher

Tina Crofts said...

Oh how I like this idea! Implementing it tomorrow!!

Crofts' Classroom

Kristin said...


Mrs. Roost said...

LOVE this idea! I'm tucking it away for next year though. We switch our firsties for reading and math and I see about 50 kids a day... I need more eggs!!! :)

Thanks for sharing!
Rulin' The Roost

Mrs Cupcake said...

Super cute idea!! I think I have some eggs lying around!
A Cupcake for the Teacher

Traci - Dragonflies in First said...

Going to count my eggs as soon as I get into my room tomorrow! LOVE IT!

Nicole said...

so SO smart!! Absolutely love! Thank you for sharing- definitely doing this week (and maybe after Easter too.. ;)
Rowdy in Room 300

Natalie said...

Awesome idea!!! I am definitely having to pull out all the stops the closer we get to Spring break!
This is perfect :)

Teachery Tidbits

Fluttering Through First Grade said...

Umm can we kiss you right now! This will be perfect for when we go back next week from break and have an eternity until Memorial Day weekend! Pure genius! Thank YOU!!!

~Christy & Tammy
Fluttering Through First Grade

Sara said...

I broke out the eggs today! LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea and it's working like a charm!

Victoria said...

That is so cute!! I'm making them tonight!!!

Jamie (2nd Grade Stuff) said...

Such a cute idea!! Going to get eggs tonight and start this this week. :)
Jamie Rector

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...