My Husband is Smart!

Ok, he'll never see this post so I can say that my husband is so smart.  Otherwise, his ego would get too big! :)  HA!  Every year, my husband comes in and helps me in my classroom.... like for real. He NEVER complains about it either. I know, he's a keeper!  Each time he's in my classroom, I ask him to put up my alphabet and decorations in the front of the classroom.  Yes... I have a MAN do that and he's really good at it!

When I saw him putting it up, I noticed he started in the middle with the letter "M".  And I had an epiphany! HE'S SO SMART! I'm sure y'all knew this trick, but I seriously didn't.... haha!  He started on the "M" because it's in the middle of the alphabet.


And then he worked backwards!  I know you are all thinking "how did she not know this?", but I really didn't think about it!




My alphabet you can get {here} for primary colors and {here} for bright. 
You can get the colors from Mrs. Lemons {here}.


These are my new mini-decor packs! They are called "Up-Front Decor" because they give you what you need to decorate the front of your classroom!  They include alphabet line with pictures, 1-20 number posters, and color word posters! 

*Click the pictures*







********************

I can't wait for our Utah Teacher/Blogger meet-up this Friday!  Natalie and Nikki (Melonheadz) have been working on getting sponsors and prizes! They have some AMAZING things up their sleeve! Can't wait to meet you!
Calling all Utah teachers!! You are hereby invited to our 2nd annual Utah Blogger Teacher meet up at the Pie in Midvale!
We are teaming up with Lindsey {The Teacher Wife} to host a really fun lunch date in SLC. 

*Please RSVP on our Facebook event page (HERE) as soon as possible so we can get a head count on how many people we can expect!

Some things you should know:

*The location has been determined... it's at the Pie in Midvale

*You do NOT need to have a blog to come. Anyone who teaches in Utah is invited to come! The more the merrier!

*If you do not live in Utah, but still want to come, you are welcome to come as well!! (Last year we had some visitors from California and we absolutely loved it!)

*Besides getting to meet RachelleNatalie, and Lindsey... the famous Melonheadz will be there too! You do not want to miss out!

17 comments:

Bethany Hunter said...

Aren't helpful husbands the best? I don't know what I would do without mine, he makes classroom setup a much easier process too.
Starting to hang the alphabet in the middle is brilliant, thanks for the tip!

Hunter's Tales from Teaching

Carol H said...

What?! I didn't notice that alphabet trick either! Granted I rarely put my alphabet in the front of the room (thank you Smartboard for being in the way). I love to hear that other hubbies help their teacher wives too! My hubby gets embarrassed because he gets more attention than he'd like at my school (it's a rarity). He puts up ALL of my walls. He's got a much better eye than I do. Love him! You husband rocks!
Happy follower,
Carol
Super Sparkly in Second

Bethany Louise said...

What a great husband! I think I'll try and drag my husband into my classroom and see if he'll do the same! :) I'm so excited about the teacher/blogger meet-up! Thanks so much for putting it together! Yay, Utah!

Bethany
Ship Shape First Grade

Nick R said...

Well, I'm a MAN and I decorate my whole classroom! ;) Hahaha!

I start in the middle with my alphabet too!

And I couldn't talk my wife into coming in to help me with my classroom for anything...sigh.

-Nick
Sweet Rhyme – Pure Reason
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Melissa M said...

Thanks for sharing pictures of your classroom! I haven't even started with the room --trying to wait until AFTER they clean the carpets. :) Otherwise, my paper pieces will start to curl and have "waves"! I like the piece at the top of your board. It looks like it is a small piece of corkboard with clips to hang things? Is that correct? Did you add it to your board or was it already there? I really need something like that! Your posters sets above the board look great!
~Melissa
Teacher Treasure Hunter

Mrs. Lindsey said...

Genius way to set up the alphabet! I never would have thought of it! I have to promise my hubby we won't stay forever when he comes to my classroom to help hang things up!

Lindsey
Lovin’ Kindergarten

Tracie Penn said...

I just had a "why didn't I think of that!?" moment. I will definitely be starting with "M" from now on. What a smart husband. Thanks!
Tracie
http://kdgpenn.blogspot.com/

amy.lemons said...

I do that too, does that mean you think I'M smart?!!! :)

TeacherChicks said...

I must say....THANK YOU! What a helpful idea! I have to move to a different room this year so this will definitely come in handy. And I must agree...husbands are the best! Thanks again!

Jamie
3 Teacher Chicks

Melissa said...

Haha! I hadn't thought about that either, although I have to split my alphabet into two lines, so it doesn't work as perfectly.

Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late
Follow me on Bloglovin!

Mrs. Griffith said...

LOL! This cracked me up! I knew the trick...but I do have to count to figure out which letter is in the middle every time!

Lindsay
For the Love of First Grade

Jess said...

Your husband is super sweet and super smart! I can't believe you get him to go into your room every year! I've had mine move furniture and boxes but that's as far as he'll go. He was so excited when I didn't move classrooms this year because he didn't have to do anything. To be fair I didn't ask. Smart idea with putting the M in the middle....I need to put my alphabet up tomorrow so I'm using this tip!
Rambling About Reading

Ms.M said...

You know for years I did it like you and just last week I had this same epiphany! It was SOOOOOO much easier and my OCD was satisfied without having to fix it 2 times. LOL
He is deff a keeper.
Mels

Runde's Room said...

lol - my husband does my alphabet and anything that hangs from the ceiling - I'm terrified of ladders. ;)
He gives me one day the weekend before school starts, we drop the kids off at my parents' house, and we get it done!

Jen
Runde's Room

Traci - Dragonflies in First said...

:( I'm driving through Salt Lake a couple weeks into August... bad timing on my end! Bummer.

Your up front decor is cute and I love the title :D

~Lynn~ said...

I'm going to have to share this post with my hubby!! He thinks he is the ONLY husband in the world that shows up at school a week before the kiddos arrive to put up ALL of my bulletin boards and rearrange my furniture. Teacher's hubbies are a gift from God!! :)

Elizabeth said...

M is for Middle! Thanks for the tip!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...