Holidays Around the World Plans 2013

I'm so excited to start our Holidays Around the World next week!  We are going to visit many far away lands and see a glimpse into how they celebrate the holidays.



Here's how we'll prepare our suitcase to travel:

Download the suitcase cover {here}


Inside of the suitcase is a Passport and our Holidays Around the World book {available in my packet}:



Here's a better look at the passport {I seriously just stamp their passports with whatever stamp I can reach in my drawer...hahaha!}:



Download the passport {here}... oh and I made a Canadian page for my friends in Canada, too!


So, there are 12 countries available in my bundled pack, but I can only get to 8 or 9 this year! DANG IT! Here's an example of what the next 2 weeks will look like:







And PLEASE don't forget to head over to Sarah's First Grade Snippets for a FABULOUS map for Holidays Around the World. She even has a download for a  map with no countries listed on the side, incase you want to fill in your own. AMAZING! Oh, and see how cute her suitcases are! LOVE!


6 comments:

Jessica said...

Thanks for the cover and the link to the map! What great ideas! I'm using resources from several different sources and only have about 20-25 minutes a day to "teach" the holidays around the world this year, but I'm looking forward to having fun with it next week!

What I Have Learned

Sarah Hankinson said...

Thanks for the freebies! Will be putting these together tomorrow to use beginning on Monday!

Blessings,
Sarah
smbhankinson@gmail.com
Learning is for Superstars
follow on Facebook

The Colorful Apple said...

Aw this was one of my favorite activities to do in second grade!! I am going to miss doing it this year :(

Sara :)
The Colorful Apple

Jamie knefely said...

Teaching Christmas Around the World is one my favorite things to teach. The kids love to learn how others celebrate the holiday season.

Jamie

Sarah Paul said...

Rachelle, this will always be one of my favorite units EVER! You did such a great job creating this unit. My students love it and I have students from the the past two years tell me it was one of their favorite things we did in first grade. You've made a memorable unit loved by all. Thank you so much for the shout-out too!

Kristen said...

Thank you so much for sharing this! I love the passport and can not wait to use it with my class.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...