A Fitness Journey



Well...the year is over. I feel like it went by so fast, but so slow. I just wanted to talk about my fitness journey and how I've gotten to where I am (76 pounds lost)!


Please note: I went to college and got a degree in Elementary Education. I did not get a nutrition degree. I love you all, but I'm no expert. 


1.  I try to drink 96-120 ounces of water a day! 
2. I used to HATE exercising.  It wasn't until I started to lose a little weight that I started to enjoy my workouts.  Now, I do Jazzercise 3 times a week (which is a mix of cardio and strength training) and I weight lift 3 times a week.
3. My husband and I have been slowly cutting out processed food.  We've researched it and we feel good about eating as fresh of food as we can and not relying on a can or box to provide us with our meals. 
4. I know what you're thinking... You get having more veggies, but don't understand have less fruit. Well, vegetables are just so dang good for you!  There are benefits to many fruits as well, but nothing that compares to green veggies.  
5. Please note: RAW honey.  Raw (real) honey is not a clear golden color like you find in that cute little bear container.  Raw honey is not processed and is so delicious.  I use it in my coffee and to sweeten our home-made almond butter. 
6. Weight lifting has changed my body in ways that cardio couldn't even touch (but cardio is still good)! 
7. I just need to be nicer to MYSELF!
8. I love Almond milk! It's so healthy and light. My husband even makes it from scratch. 
9. Lean protein burns fat and I have some to burn. :)  I haven't eliminated carbs because I don't want to deprive myself, but I watch them very closely. 
10. I used to only eat things that were labeled "diet" or "light" or "low fat". Now... I avoid anything that has those phrases on it!  Fat is good.  I get my fats from avocados, nuts, seeds, and coconut oil.




Tips:
  • Be PATIENT
  • Plan your meals ahead
  • You can't out work a bad diet 
  • Don't drink soda 
  • Love yourself
  • Listen to your body
  • Take it one step at a time
  • I don't necessarily count calories, I count my macronutrients 
  • No one is perfect and you won't eat perfectly every day!  You should see my food diary on My Fitness Pal from the last couple of weeks. HA! {to follow me on MFP: rachelleblake}



So, are you ready to do this?  There's no better time than today to start! YOU CAN DO IT!



I linked up with Blog Hoppin's link up for Day 3 "Fitness"!

41 comments:

Kathy Griffin said...

Wow! Awesome! You've inspired me to take off 15 pounds that I gained back. I lost 80 pounds in 2006. OK - I'm motivated. Look out Vegas 2014. You look amazing!

Miss T said...

Love it! You're inspiring to get motivated again. You'll see less of me in July ;)
Journey Of A Substitute Teacher

dbednars said...

Congratulations! What an amazing life changing year you've had. Thank you for sharing.

Miss Teacher Resources 101 said...

That's awesome!! Loved reading this!!! :)

Karen Day said...

Congratulations!! I am working toward losing weight... well being healthier. I blogged about my changes and my decisions to add plexus slim to help boost my loss. I love drinking the pink because it is all natural and stimulant free. I love it so much that I signed up to be an ambassador (karenday.myplexusproducts.com). Here's to happy health teachers in 2014!

Deanna Jump said...

I love you and I am so proud of you!!! You have inspired me to get healthy, too! You are AMAZING!

Storie said...

Thank you for sharing your journey with the blogging world. It really is an inspiring story. I'm proud of your dedication and accomplishments :)
Storie
Stories by Storie

Traci - Dragonflies in First said...

You are inspiring and fabulous in just SO many ways!!!

Teacher At Heart said...

You inspire me so much! I am so proud of you and all you have accomplished! You look great, absolutely beautiful!

Teacher at Heart

Aimee V. said...

You look AMAZING!! I really enjoyed your more/less list. It's made me want to reevaluate my list! Thanks!

Aimee
aimee@vanmiddlesworth.org
Pencils, Books, and Dirty Looks

~DeAnne~ said...

AMAZING!! Great job!! I thought that you had lost a good bit of weight from the pictures I see!! What an inspiration!!

Mrs. Wathen said...

You look amazing, but the choices you have made for your HEALTH far outweigh that! Congratulations on your successes. Thanks for inspiring:)

Tammy
The Resourceful Apple

Holly said...

Love it! Thanks for inspiring me daily!!!!

Healthy hugs,
Holly

Deedee Wills said...

Love every little thing about you... that is all!

Anchored In 3rd Grade said...

Fabulous! What a great life change!
"Autumn"

Cassie said...

That is AMAZING! What an inspiration to me! My goal is to lose at least 15 to get back to where I was when I got married. This is inspiring!

Cassie
Create-abilities

Anna Brantley said...

You look so great, Rachelle!!! Love ya:)

Melissa Kozerski said...

Girl- you will be rockin' that bikini come Vegas time! So proud of you....before AND during! :) Melissa

Miss Kindergarten said...

Fabulous!!! You are a rockstar Rachelle!

LaKeta said...

You look amazing! I love reading success stories of other teachers...makes me feel like it is attainable for me too. I am on a mission to get healthy and focus on the right ways to get there this year...thanks for sharing!

Shelley- TheWriteStuff said...

This post is PERFECT! It's so motivating and inspiring and most important: gentle. Keep up the great work Rachelle. I can't wait to meet you in Vegas!

:) Shelley

Mandy B said...

Congratulations! You look fantastic!!! :)

Mandy
Caffeine and Lesson Plans


Brandi said...

Congratulations! You look great! Thanks for the encouragement. My goal is to be a weight loss success story! Can't wait to read your fitness post on day 3 of the linky party!

Brandi
Success in Second Grade
Follow me on Facebook!

Brownie Points said...

Congratulations! I have found my kindred spirit! With the exception of adding more lean protein (I'm trying to avoid meat), we're on the same wavelength. I have also recently lost 75 pounds. I love that you have before and "during" pics. Here's to our health!

Susie Q said...

You are such an inspiration for me. Thanks for sharing.

Susie Q said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie Stowe said...

I saw that you had 24 comments and thought 'oh you'll never read my comment' . I nearly moved on but... I just can't resist telling you how wonderful you are and inspiring too. LOL when I read your photo comment labels. I love that you see yourself as on the journey and not arrived at a destination. You look fabulous!
Julie :-)
Mrs Stowe's Kinder Cottage

Elisabeth said...

Rachelle, you look fabulous gal!!! I'm proud of and excited for you!!

Beadboard said...

Wow! GREAT work! I love all the tips you shared with us as well. You are helping so many. Keep up the fantastic work.

AMC Looking From Third to Fourth said...

Congratulations. You look amazing. Thanks for sharing your inspirational story.

Erica Bohrer said...

You are fabulous! I am so proud of you.

Amanda said...

Woo woo! You are a rockstar... in so many ways! <3 Love you! So proud of your journey!

Live Life Active said...

Thanks for linking to my article on www.LiveLifeActive.com. Love the post! Congrats on all your success. I'll be sure to keep following you now :)

Linda said...

What a great inspiration! I have just started working on getting healthier.

Lindsey (The Teacher Wife) said...

You are a rock star!!!!! :)

Rachel Vincent said...

Thanks for sharing your journey. You've been a true inspiration!!
A Tall Drink of Water

Sherry said...

Thank you so much for sharing. I love that you are not talking about radical crazy diets but good ole' fashion real food and hard work. That's what is really the best for your health.

Tammy DeShaw said...

This sounds a lot like the Daniel Plan! I'm doing the same thing. I'm shocked at all the chemicals in food today. Good luck on your continued journey.

Sarah Goehringer said...

I also definitely need less soda & more water!

I actually got a water stamp for my planner that I fill in :) #planneraddict

Visit my blog @ Teaching Pawsitively

Luv My Kinders said...

Wow! You are such an inspiration. I have fallen off the exercise wagon and you are inspiring me to get back on. Thanks for sharing your insights.

~Laura

KTP on TPT said...

Congrats on an amazing year! Thank you for sharing!

Katie :)
KTP: Keep Teaching and Planning!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...