Appreciate Your Substitute!

Let me tell you, I've had the opportunity to substitute in other classrooms and it is HARD WORK.  Yes, it's all planned out for you-but...is it planned out that in a blink of an eye things could go horribly wrong? HA! I know it's a little dramatic, but it is possible. I appreciate my substitutes because I know that as much as I train my students to treat him/her like they would treat me, I know they are still trying to push their boundaries.

Anyway, it got me thinking that it would be nice to leave my sub a little something to say thanks.  I posted my idea on our Instagram  (@whattheteacherwants) and many of you said you'd love to have this in your classroom. So...here ya go!








Aside from a pack of gum or maybe even some mint chapstick, I give my substitute another gift...DETAILED lesson plans, schedule, notes, organized substitute binder, etc.  YAY!
And to get you organized... I have this little guy for ya. :)





4 comments:

Stephanie Billings said...

We had such WONDERFUL substitutes at my last school! I would've loved to leave a small token of appreciation, if I thought about it. Great idea! :)

Fishing for Education Blog

Christin said...

I subbed for two years while I waited and looked for a full time teaching job. It meant so much when teachers would write a note of encouragement to go with their plans- and even more when they would take the time to send an email after I was there thanking me and letting me know that my job was appreciated. Subbing is a hard job- not knowing where you'll be or what you'll be doing every day and often subs aren't treated very well by teachers in the building. Thank you for recognizing the job they do and encouraging others to do the same!

Mrs. Griffith said...

I subbed for 6 months before snagging a teaching job and it IS hard work! I ALWAYS leave specific plans for my peace of mind and theirs. Thanks for this. It will add the perfect touch.

Lindsay
For the Love of First Grade

Alice John said...

thanks for sharing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...