Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Civil War Battle Projects

I posted a couple months ago about the Revolutionary War battle projects my students were working on. Well, I have now adapted that same project to go with the Civil War. The best thing about this project is that it is mostly an independent project - it's great to do with a sub. 

I have included this list of 15 battles. You can cut up these slips to assign battles to your students.
After students do their research in the computer lab, they work on designing a battle poster using the information from their research. 

Here's how some of them turned out:




(Oh, and can we please not talk about the fact that school ends in 6 days and I still have 150 years of American history cover...)

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Thank you so much for sharing! What a terrific idea!!! I cant wait to share with our 5th grade teachers! :)

Amanda said...

What a great idea! What grade did you design this for?
I teach the Civil War in 2nd grade. :) Of course they get it again later in 5th or 6th.

Rachelle said...

150 years in 6 days seems quite difficult....but if anyone can do it, you can!!!!

Christine said...

My students loved this project too! :) I got stuck this year in the Civil War also - I'm not going to finish, and I'm not going to pretend I am, and I don't even feel bad! (well, maybe a little... :)

Ashleigh said...

I just found your blog and wanted to let you know that I love it. I can't wait to look through some of your older posts for some new ideas. These look great, and I love the idea! I used to live just a couple of miles from the Chickamagua battlefield.

Laurie said...

Thank you for sharing! This is going to be perfect for our studies next year.

Anonymous said...

Placing these all over the internet with a back link for your site will improve rankings.
For instance, if Web Developer's Journal were to link for your site, that link could be worth greater than 20 links out of your friends' personal Web
pages. If that scares you, here's something even scarier.
My web site ; captcha sniper

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...