Spiders and the Common Core

Let me start by saying THANK YOU for the outpouring of love and support you gave me for {this} post last week! We have the BEST readers, ever!!! Thank you!


We first started the week by reading a lot of informational and narrative stories about spiders!

Then, we graphed whether or not we thought spiders were scary! We used the free app on our iPad called Doodle Buddy

We recorded our results on Cara Carroll's cutest recording sheet {here}.

And then we wrote an opinion piece (Common Core Opinion Writing) about if we were afraid of spiders.  We supported our opinion with 2 reasons why! 

We also wrote an informational piece on what we learned about spiders and you can see how we did that {here}. 

Then, we did some of these in math! We are working on counting on and counting back, so our equations are simple. 



a49erfangirl said...

This set is cute. Thank you for sharing this.

Fluttering Through First Grade said...

You've got some brave kiddos in your class. We had to talk them off the ledge when we said we were going to be learning about spiders=lots of shrieks and gasps!
Cute stuff!
~Christy & Tammy
Fluttering Through First Grade

Shuna Patterson said...

My kiddos want no part of spiders, ha! When I broke out the plastic spiders they freaked out. Oh, the joys of kinder. Thanks so much for the spider freebies


Pocket Full of Kinders

Carrie H said...

Thanks for the awesome freebie. I can't wait to get back in a classroom and use it! Thanks!! I loved the idea about Doodle Buddies too! We've used it for writing before in Kinder, but I like the graphing idea!

Christy said...

Hope you don't mind... I linked up your post to an October collection of links that integrate the iPad in the classroom. I love how you were able to share and graph that information digitally!

Christy Teaching Tales Along the Yellow Brick Road

Dr. Jill E. Steeley said...

My kids will be excited to do the spider math pages. So cute! Thanks for the freebie!


Mrs. Bailey's Busy Bees said...

I would like to win the fonts or the $100 target gift card.

Mrs. Bailey's Busy Bees said...

I would like to win the fonts or the $100 target gift card.

Stu Sydenham said...

Id much rather bring a rabbit into class, than a big hairy spider :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...